Mistakes In Journaling

A-M

I was looking for a section where we just share general digital chit chat but could not find one so will share this here.

Nothing serious.....

Is anyone else like me and you have your layout all finished. You have thoroughly checked your wording and spelling in your journalling - upload your layout and then come back later when you want to read the comments made about your page..... and you discover you have made a mistake in your journaling.

This happened to me today and I am so glad it was not a page I had already printed out as I am getting low on ink.

Anne Marie,

I am so glad you brought this up, because I do it ALL THE TIME. It used to make me crazy, but in the end I just had to realize this is me, I make mistakes. I find myself a horrid speller, so mine is chronic...LOL I quit worrying so much about it, I guess in future years as my family looks through my scrapbooks, they can say, yep Aunt Brandy was not a great speller, but boy did she love our family.

Trust me when I say, in the end..all that matters is the love behind the page, not the arrangement of the letters.

:wub:

It happens all the time to me. I create my journalling in word then paste it into PSE, sure word makes sure nothing is spelt wrong but it doesn't tell you if you've put the wrong word in.

I have windows 7, so I used my "works in progress" and just finished layouts as my background, and have them change every minute. It helps me spot any errors in my journalling as well as other mistakes.

Anne Marie,

This has happened to me on several occasions...and after I have already printed the page. I use PSE and it doesn't have a spell checker but other members have suggested to highlight the journaling, copy it into a program like Word, and do a spell check on it that way. I always have my husband double check my work now before I print. However, if I have made a mistake, I have to correct it and reprint because I am a perfectionist. It actually drives me crazy but everything has to be just perfect.

OH beautifully said Brandy. What a wonderful way to look at it, and soooo true. I'm sure we have all had this happen and I get so annoyed with myself. Being a "bit" of a perfectionist, it has done me a great deal of good reading your slant on it. Well done. I will TRY and remember this. Thank you Kay.

Becky sent me to solution to this a couple of days ago and I must have deleted it but it's very easy to correct mistakes in your layout - I will have to go and find her solution - if not, I am sure Becky will come along and give her advice - you can do it without losing your comments on the layout on which you made the mistakes and it was something I did not know until she told me.

So, Becky, the floor is yours, sweet friend!

Becky sent me to solution to this a couple of days ago and I must have deleted it but it's very easy to correct mistakes in your layout - I will have to go and find her solution - if not, I am sure Becky will come along and give her advice - you can do it without losing your comments on the layout on which you made the mistakes and it was something I did not know until she told me.

Is this what you mean, Sara?

I do know that you can upload an updated image, by clicking on mod options, on the panel under your and your images details, then edit. You can change the image and change the bit you type (that appears under your image) and not lose your comments.

Just to make it clear.... I am not asking for help as I already have on a number of occasions uploaded a corrected layout in the gallery.

I shared this topic as just a time to share and chat in a sense. Wondering if I was not the only one who makes such mistakes.

Brandy, thankyou for what you shared as that is a very important point to make about our pages being the love shown behind what we want recorded for future generations.

I would be good if we could remember the funniest mistakes we've made.

At the moment all I have been doing is forgetting or adding an s, (boy/boys), which just makes the journalling sound strange.

Is this what you mean, Sara?

I do know that you can upload an updated image, by clicking on mod options, on the panel under your and your images details, then edit. You can change the image and change the bit you type (that appears under your image) and not lose your comments.

THAT'S EXACTLY IT, VALERIE! Thank you!

Just to make it clear.... I am not asking for help as I already have on a number of occasions uploaded a corrected layout in the gallery.

I shared this topic as just a time to share and chat in a sense. Wondering if I was not the only one who makes such mistakes.

Brandy, thankyou for what you shared as that is a very important point to make about our pages being the love shown behind what we want recorded for future generations.

Anne-Marie - read Valerie's post - that is Becky's solution and it does work!

What? Spelling mistakes? I've made a few in my time! In fact, there's a spelling error in one of the layouts I did for my very first collection - out there for everyone to see. I only spotted it a couple of months ago when that layout was pinned on Pinterest! I keep forgetting to fix it and upload a new one.

By the way - if you ever see a spelling error in one of my layouts, you're welcome to PM me and point it out! It would be welcome.

Spelling errors, sigh! It is frustrating. I usually just use the digital version, so it's not a big deal to fix, once I notice (usually right after I post it). I'd be majorly annoyed to find it after I'd printed it. I've also used the type in Word & paste trick which works if I take the trouble to do that.

I had a family member point out spelling mistakes in my 2010 hard cover book....and I told her that I'm not perfect, so why should my journaling? It used to bother me a lot, but now I just blow it off!

I never ever see mistakes until just after I've uploaded the LO to the gallery. I'm so glad I can go back in and edit the post, because I'm a perfectionist too. I suppose it comes from having worked as an editor for a short time, and also from the writer in me.

I have to go back and correct often. Like Belle, mine are usually typos,;) but for some reason, for instance everytime I write a word like 'thank" I write "thanks" and often I transpose letters in a word. I worked on newsletters and editing so you would think I'd catch it before I upload it! If I find it, I have to redo it!!

It happens to me too and I'm always happy when someone points out the error to me. I can always make a quick fix. One time I sent out my layouts to be printed on 12x12 and when I got them back, I found a spelling error in two of them. Oh, well! It happened and I just redid the pages and sent them back out for printing. What can you do? Life goes on and these are just small bumps in the road.

I would be good if we could remember the funniest mistakes we've made.

At the moment all I have been doing is forgetting or adding an s, (boy/boys), which just makes the journalling sound strange.

When I was working with a friend in his Publicity office, I was typing a press release when I mistyped 'her books'. I typed 'her boobs'. Good thing I caught it before it went out. And this was before computers and word processing when you had to retype the 'whole page'.

When I was working with a friend in his Publicity office, I was typing a press release when I mistyped 'her books'. I typed 'her boobs'. Good thing I caught it before it went out. And this was before computers and word processing when you had to retype the 'whole page'.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are too funny Carol!

Oh yeah, another chiming in to say it happens to me too! I try not to stress too much, although if I notice it before printing I will go to the trouble of fixing it.

I love the way Brandy said it - our families will focus more on our love for them than on whether we could have won a spelling bee or a typing contest. lol

Belle, I'm with you too!

And yes, this has happened to me. It's also very frustrating to find a mistake after you've doctored the text all up. Amy (Mimes1) had a great suggestion - duplicate the text layer before you start playing with it and remove the visibility on the duplicate layer. Now if I can just remember that!

And yes, this has happened to me. It's also very frustrating to find a mistake after you've doctored the text all up. Amy (Mimes1) had a great suggestion - duplicate the text layer before you start playing with it and remove the visibility on the duplicate layer. Now if I can just remember that!

This is a great tip as I often do this when I am thinking of adding a style to either text or an embellishment. I know you can go backwards but sometimes I find it easier to have the spare copy to just delete what I don't like the look of.

Jumping in here at the end of the day! This happens to me a lot. I am definitely not a detail person. I can proof read something 4 or 5 times and overlook a typo. I've heard that the Amish deliberately make a mistake in all of their quilts because they believe that God is the only one who can create perfection. I remind myself of that all the time. Love your quote PolkaDot!

Archived