Installing Actions And Styles In 10

siskitkat

Okay, I did a little stress/impluse/ get my scrapping mojo back shopping. I bought PSE 10 today. I have PSE 3 and 5. I have been using PSE 5. When I install styles and actions, do I copy the folder with its contents or just the contents of the folder?

Just copy the ASL file make sure you put them in the right folder, and delete the MediaDatabase.db3 file.

If you any more help, there are plenty of us that know the steps of what to do.

Okay, I did a little stress/impluse/ get my scrapping mojo back shopping. I bought PSE 10 today. I have PSE 3 and 5. I have been using PSE 5. When I install styles and actions, do I copy the folder with its contents or just the contents of the folder?

I only use PSE 9, but I'm sure it's probably the same for PSE 10. For Styles, copy the ASL files and for actions copy the ATN and PNG files. Some actions also include other files such as PAT files, so you would need to install those also. Just be sure to follow any instructions that come with the product. You can find more detailed information in the free handbook: Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook) HTH :)

After struggling with the actions and styles in PSE10 since January I finally broke down and bought Add-o-Matic. I could get everything installed myself, but it would only show up under "show all" and that took forever and would occasionally crash my PSE.

Valerie is right, there are tons of knowledgeable people on the boards here, I just ran out of patience!

And I hope your new program helps with your mojo!

Add-O-Matic is wonderful! Here is some additional information which may be helpful:

Post #6

Post #12

I do the same as Tiza. Install styles and actions with Add-O-Matic and delete the MediaDatabase.db3 file and the ThumbDatabase.db3. HTH :)

• 1 month later...

I just switched from PSE6 6to 10. I like it but I don't. Several options I had with 6 are gone now. I don't like that if I choose the create option my regular brushes are not there. To me that is wacky. If I switch to Edit they are there. Also, in Create, I can't add a new layer. So I am not happy about that. If anyone knows workarounds for these, I am listening!

Archived