June Monthly Forum Game

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two I'm using (it was hard finding a second kit to go with my layout!) Life Montage Collection Biggie and Countryside Collection Biggie.

(I can't get the Life Montage Collection to link up!! Any way I can fix that?!)

Here it is: Life Montage Collection Biggie :)

OK - How do you post two links in the same post? Whenever I go out to set up the second link, my post goes away. I've looked for a way to save the draft, but can't find it. Also, when I post a link there is always the link and then a duplicate that is not a link. See my post above. What am I doing wrong? I forgot to go copy my next link before starting this, so will post this (because if I leave it, it won't be here when I get back}. Be back in a minute.

OK - How do you post two links in the same post? Whenever I go out to set up the second link, my post goes away. I've looked for a way to save the draft, but can't find it. Also, when I post a link there is always the link and then a duplicate that is not a link. See my post above. What am I doing wrong? I forgot to go copy my next link before starting this, so will post this (because if I leave it, it won't be here when I get back}. Be back in a minute.

Scrap Simple Alpha Mismatched ACUThe other product I used was

Scrap Simple Alpha Mismatched ACU

The other problem I have with links is that it puts the link before anything else I have typed. Help!

Have you tried following these steps:

1. Go to the page you want to link to

2. Highlight the address in your browser window at the top of the page (With my browser, I only have to click once in the browser window and it highlights the address)

3. Press Ctrl+C (this will copy the address)

4. Go to your post and type the words you want to be the link and highlight them

5. Click on the insert link button (to the right of the smiley face)

6. A box will pop up – just press Ctrl+V (this will paste the address into the box)

7. Click on Insert Link at the bottom of that box that popped up.

You will see what looks like a bunch of gibberish in your post, but when you preview it you should just see your post with your link text underlined. If you hover your mouse over the underlined text, it should turn purple.

8. Finish typing your comment and click the Post button at the bottom of the page.

After you have the link to your first product, just repeat the steps for the second product.

If you find that you need to need to make corrections, you can simply edit your post(s) by going to the bottom right of your post window and clicking on the Edit button. Then you can delete incorrect information and/or add corrections.

Some of the trouble may be the browser you are using. I used to have the problem you mentioned about 'the link being placed before anything else' when I used Internet Explorer. I switched to Firefox and don't have that trouble any more. HTH

Scrap Simple Alpha Mismatched ACUThe other product I used was

Scrap Simple Alpha Mismatched ACU

The other problem I have with links is that it puts the link before anything else I have typed. Help!

Have you tried following these steps:

1. Go to the page you want to link to

2. Highlight the address in your browser window at the top of the page (With my browser, I only have to click once in the browser window and it highlights the address)

3. Press Ctrl+C (this will copy the address)

4. Go to your post and type the words you want to be the link and highlight them

5. Click on the insert link button (to the right of the smiley face)

6. A box will pop up – just press Ctrl+V (this will paste the address into the box)

7. Click on Insert Link at the bottom of that box that popped up.

You will see what looks like a bunch of gibberish in your post, but when you preview it you should just see your post with your link text underlined. If you hover your mouse over the underlined text, it should turn purple.

8. Finish typing your comment and click the Post button at the bottom of the page.

After you have the link to your first product, just repeat the steps for the second product.

If you find that you need to need to make corrections, you can simply edit your post(s) by going to the bottom right of your post window and clicking on the Edit button. Then you can delete incorrect information and/or add corrections.

Some of the trouble may be the browser you are using. I used to have the problem you mentioned about 'the link being placed before anything else' when I used Internet Explorer. I switched to Firefox and don't have that trouble any more. HTH

Thanks Theresa. That is what I did - I had saved these instructions from the March Game. When I leave the post and go to copy my second link though, when I come back into the June Game forum my initial post is gone. Is there something I need to do to save it until I come back? My browser probably is the problem with the double listing of the link. I will just edit from now on. Since I am not very computer saavy, I hesitate to change browsers.

Some of the trouble may be the browser you are using. I used to have the problem you mentioned about 'the link being placed before anything else' when I used

Thanks Theresa. That is what I did - I had saved these instructions from the March Game. When I leave the post and go to copy my second link though, when I come back into the June Game forum my initial post is gone. Is there something I need to do to save it until I come back? My browser probably is the problem with the double listing of the link. I will just edit from now on. Since I am not very computer saavy, I hesitate to change browsers.

I'm thinking that you might possibly be losing your post if you are not using a separate window or new tab when you go to the Boutique to get your products but I'm not sure. I'm hoping someone else will come along with some better info for you.

BTW, even if you are not very computer savvy as you mentioned, Firefox is very easy to download and use. You would still keep and be able to use Internet Explorer. :)

Some of the trouble may be the browser you are using. I used to have the problem you mentioned about 'the link being placed before anything else' when I used

I'm thinking that you might possibly be losing your post if you are not using a separate window or new tab when you go to the Boutique to get your products but I'm not sure. I'm hoping someone else will come along with some better info for you.

BTW, even if you are not very computer savvy as you mentioned, Firefox is very easy to download and use. You would still keep and be able to use Internet Explorer. :)

From what I read, that is the problem

You need to keep your forum thread in one window or tab and open a new window or tab and view the boutique with it and flip between the two when copying and pasting the links and product name

Archived