June Monthly Forum Game

Task 17 and 18.

I chose a tutorial from the University by Brandy Hackman - Chalking Around PNG Brush Files or Clipart Using the Burn Tool.

I played with the technique using several brushes. It is great for shading behind flowers and other items.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 18, I changed my mind on the tutorial I was going to use. The one I had first chosen was too easy for me, so I searched the university and chose one to do with brushes. I chose Making Your Own Digital Scrapbooking Paper with Brushes by Angie Briggs.

This was a good one for me, I have loads of brushes, but usually only use a couple to create photo masks, so this tutorial made me think and use some of the many brushes I have. Having played all yesterday afternoon, I can see me using this technique many times.

Task 18--I chose Using the Burn Tool with Paper Templates from the Mar. 2, 2012 newsletter. This is such a cool technique. Place a paper on the bottom layer. Place a paper template above it. Control-click on the template image to get "marching ants", then hide that layer. Highlight the bottom paper layer, then start hitting it with the burn tool--the suggested level was size 1900 pixels and opacity of about 18%. You can also dodge for lighter areas. My one lesson learned: copy the bottom layer first so if you aren't happy with it, you can just delete that layer and have the original on bottom ready to copy and try again.

Task 18: I had trouble deciding what tutorial to use, so I just started playing with the different one. I did not have all the supplies for doing the chipboard elements but I followed the directions playing with different styles and made some cool flowers. I then tried the Converting a Color Photo to Black-and-White Using a Black-and-White Adjustment Layer from Thursday, March 8, 2012 newsletter. The problem was that I use Photoshop Elements not Adobe Photoshop CS5. So I decided to play around and figure it out in Photoshop Elements. I was able to turn my photo into a sepia type photo but still regain some of the color. I really liked the effect even though it wasn't what I was going for at first. What I learned is that if you take the time to play with different elements and tutorials (even if you don't have the correct products of program) you can come up with some really cool things. Here are links to the two tutorials I experimented with:

Converting a Color Photo to Black-and-White

creating chipboard elements

Task 17 and 18.

I chose a tutorial from the University by Brandy Hackman - Chalking Around PNG Brush Files or Clipart Using the Burn Tool.

I played with the technique using several brushes. It is great for shading behind flowers and other items.

Thanks, Joyce, for pointing out this tutorial. I'm definitely trying this one out!

Task 18 Tutorial: Creating Your Own Digital Scrapbooking Birthday eCard I made a cool e-postcard to send to a cell phone and I loved that the dimensions were perfect!! I sent it to myself and it was so pretty on my cell phone screen. I wanted to save it as my background, but my phone wanted to crop it. so I will have to figure that out on my own.

Task 19 Layout

Task 20

Leave love on 4 LOs shared by others in this thread.

Requirement: Include links to the layouts with your comments in your month-end document.

Theresa I have been trying to keep up with leaving love in the Re-JUNE-venate gallery, so if there's no new ones can I used links for ones I did this morning or yesterday?

Task 20

Requirement: Include links to the layouts with your comments in your month-end document.

Theresa I have been trying to keep up with leaving love in the Re-JUNE-venate gallery, so if there's no new ones can I used links for ones I did this morning or yesterday?

I guess as long as they are layouts from the recent tasks that were shared in this thread, your comments/links will count toward this task.

Task 20

I guess as long as they are layouts from the recent tasks that were shared in this thread, your comments/links will count toward this task.

OK - thank you Theresa. I will wait for some new LOs to leave love on so far there aren't any! Otherwise I will use the links from earlier this morning which are really recent ones and I literally just did. Thank you. :)

Archived