June Monthly Forum Game

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 17. I used the Action:Adding a Vintage, Dreamy Look to Your Photos with ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Hand-Tinted 6301.

What I learned: I saw the name of the action and did not really know what it did. I learned to always try the actions out so that I know exactly what they do. This action gave a lovely soft color to my photo. I then deleted the hat section with a soft brush to get the color to come through. I also did a few spots just for a bit more color.

Task 18 done.

Task 19 done. My layout: Nikki

SPEEDBUMP

Check your back-ups! Even if you use an online service or scheduled software for your back-ups, it is a good idea to check and make sure they are running as you have them set up.

Requirement: Post in the game thread when you are done. Briefly share your back-up system.

Speedbump

We use Livedrive, so my DH can access his files from any computer connected to the internet.

I just have to tell livedrive what I want backed up and it starts backing up right away, and updates the backup as soon as you make changes, I usually add photos and the jpegs of layouts to this. We've just added unlimited backup, similar to carbonite, we can't access these on line but it backs everything from the computer and EHD, so all my supplies are covered now too.

We are looking at getting an additional EHD for backing up as well.

Speedbump - I have an EHD that I use to back-up all my scrapbooking files and photographs. At this point in time, everything on the EHD is still on my hard drive. Then I have Carbonite to back up all my files. At the present time I am not backing up the EHD since everything on it is still on my hard drive.

SPEEDBUMPI do a BIG backup every month on the 15th to my two EHD's. Mine is done for this month. This is for photos and scrap stash. My zipped files are backed up to two EHD's once everything is extracted. I am up to date with the last goodies that I bought this morning. My one EHD gets locked in the safe and the other is for every day work.

SPEEDBUMP: done

i back-up to my EHD. i partitioned it for digi supplies and photos. that way i can access my digi stuff easily. i do also back up to dvd for some things like templates, quickpages, and more specialized kits like Christmas ones that i won't necessarily use all the time. (i'm nuts about hard-drive space, so if i don't think i'll use something often, then onto a dvd it goes to free up space :) )

Speedbump Completed.

I use my EHD to backup my photos and all my scrapbooking supplies. I use BackBlaze to back up everything on my C: drive and my EHD. They back up continuously and in the background while I use my PC for other things.

I lost a lot of photos, some that can't be replaced, due to my fault of not backing up my EHD. I was able to recover a lot of photos and I'm still going through those files. I had been able to recover 112GB of photos, a lot of which were duplicates and copies of my layouts. I still have a lot to go through, about 50GB, and either save or discard.

Speedbump June 28: Complete!

I have two EHD; one for scrapbook supplies and layouts, the other for everything else. I keep a folder on my computer for anything I've downloaded since the last backup so I know just which supplies need to be backed-up. The chief weakness of my system is that I don't have a regular schedule for back-ups. I like Belle's idea of doing it on the same day each month.

sorry I dropped out of the game. We were out of town for several days, then my daughter and her family came and will be here through Sunday. I would rather play with my DGS than scrap - that is the only thing I would rather do than scrap!!LOL! Anyway, I just posted the layout I did for Tasks 12 - 15 and the link is below. Have really enjoyed the game. Sorry I can't finish. Hope to play in July! Good luck to everyone!

Love My Dad

My color palette is attached.

Speedbump

My heart sank when I saw todays task - I hate backing up. It is worse than the worst household chore I can think of. I loath, loath, loath it (I think you've got the message by now lol) The reason I hate it? It takes so long and my computer really cant cope with anything else while it is doing it, hence I'm left twiddling my thumbs while the PC does it's job.

Anyway, (rant over!) I use the PSE backup system for my pics and LOs. The backup files are on an EHD which only gets plugged in when I am backing up, in the hope that this will avoid accidents and increase the life of the beast. I tend to back up when I have new supplies delivered so that I can back these up at the same time. The backup for my supplies is on the same EHD.

I have backed up everything today although I would normally have waited until Wednesday or Thursday of next week. The task has taken me 2 hours - yuk!

Speedbump for 6/28

As complete as it's gonna get for a while! I need to do what Melanie suggested and get a second EHD. I've backed up all my photos to DVDs, and when I saw how much I had in scrapping supplies I nearly had heart failure. So, that hasn't been done yet.

Speedbump: All my files are backed up. I don't have an EHD (want one badly, though), so I have to back them up on DVDs at the moment.

Archived