June Monthly Forum Game

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for a fun game. I'm sorry I had to drop out before Task 17. I've been sick with sinus/allergies/etc. all week and can't finish the last LO. I finished three LO's and the speedbumps up until Task 17.

I've sent my email in, and I hope I put everything in it that was required.

Thanks again,

Speedbump 6/28: I keep everything backed up to an EHD, but lately my computer has been getting hot and has me concerned. I used to use Carbonite, but spent yesterday researching several online backup services and finally settled on trying out a different one. I'll be spending tonight setting it up, since I got a nasty message from my ISP about using additional bandwith during daytime hours when I first started Carbonite ;-)

Thanks for a good reminder!

Speedbump 4 – June 28: Our computer is having issues and working very slowly, so Carbonite has basically stopped working. Thanks for the reminder to back-up materials. I have started the process of copying my main EHD onto a secondary one. I had hoped to avoid this, but with Carbonite not working, I think this is a good idea for now.

Speedbump 6/28: I keep everything backed up to an EHD, but lately my computer has been getting hot and has me concerned. I used to use Carbonite, but spent yesterday researching several online backup services and finally settled on trying out a different one. I'll be spending tonight setting it up, since I got a nasty message from my ISP about using additional bandwith during daytime hours when I first started Carbonite ;-)

Thanks for a good reminder!

I am using Carbonite, too, but I think it is really slowing down my computer. What new online backup service did you decide upon? If it against the forum rules to tell me, could you just send a PM? Thanks!

I went back and looked at the list. It appears that only LOs 5 and 10 need to be in the EOM document? And not 16 & 19?

Hmmmm... I don't know if that is intentional or not. Might as well play it safe & consistant, and put all 4 links in the document.

email sent; Task #22 complete!

Thanks for a great month!

I'd like to add another comment: I'm so glad that the monthly forum game thread remain in the forum after the month is over, because I'm probably not the only one who wants to go back now and then to read some of the tips and some of the tutorial links that everyone has left here. Thanks!

Forgot about one of the Speedbumps!

Speedbump: I have an external hard drive that I back-up to, but very irregularly. I researched Backblaze after hearing Elisha talk about it. Now I just need to convince my DH that it would be worth having an online back-up... :hit-head-with-hammer:

SPEEDBUMP

I back-up to my ehd. I have one ehd I work from & one that is strictly a backup.

I did a complete backup of my entire ehd about a week ago & it all copied over as they should have. I need to run another one soon.

Archived