Important Scrap Girls Announcement

angleigh

Hey everyone....today of all day, someone cut Ro's cable and she is without internet. So she's asked me to come here and post the email that has just gone out to all of our subscribers, that most of you have probably received by now.

I thought this would also be a great place that Ro could come and read all the well wishes that everyone has for her. And of course, a great place to give a great big purple welcome to Debbie.

-------------

High blood pressure did it.

I visited the American Fork Hospital Emergency Room at 2:23 a.m., Sunday, May 27th. Machines were hooked up. Blood tests were run. Questions were asked and answered. Medicine was pushed through a vein in my arm. And then, as the numbers fell back into the neighborhood of normalcy, a verdict was issued by a doctor wearing blue scrubs.

"No, it wasn't a heart attack," he said. "You are overly stressed. Take these pills three times a day to help you stay calm. See your doctor as soon as you can to find out if you have heart disease."

Accompanying the fear-filled event that occurred prior to my ER appearance was a cinematic review of my life. I was surprised at the speed and the variety of the memories that appeared in 3D.

Some made me smile. Some filled me with love. Some made me feel grateful. Some consumed me with tearful joy.

Some made my soul ache. Some made me lower my eyes with shame. Some made me sigh with regret. Some I resignedly got through.

I heard myself whisper, "I forgive you," and "Please forgive me," and "Do you know how much I love you?" over and over again.

I clearly saw how much small things mean and how little big things are worth. I saw that I own my mistakes and that the mistakes of others aren't mine. I saw that Christ's atonement is the one true hope that exists.

I saw myself in Dad's strong arms as he danced to Lawrence Welk's music. I saw Mom talking to someone and everyone as her whirlwind of activity flew by.

I saw my Grandpa Stevens trying to teach me to Foxtrot and heard my Grandma Stevens' voice float from the side, "Don't feel bad. I'm the only one who can dance with him. He bounces too much."

I asked my Grandma Warner if my memory was correct that her kitchen walls were pink and her stove was turquoise. I heard Grandpa Warner's laugh, "Oh, ho-ho-ho-ho."

I saw myself kneeling over the deep blue velvet, lace-covered altar in the Manti temple and felt my hand in Gary's strong grip as I accepted him as my husband.

I saw myself answer the telephone in our little home in Norman, Oklahoma, and felt myself smile when I heard Uncle Mont's voice say, "How are you doing, Rosie?"

I saw Aunt Kathleen working in the garden and wondered at the hardness of her long, handicapped life.

I saw Andrew's tiny, tightly-swaddled body being placed in my arms and felt the flood of intense new-mother love fill every corner of my being.

I felt cheated by the amnesia that had swept the memory of Julianne's birth into a spot of my mind that I haven't located yet.

I rejoiced at the sight of our little granddaughter, Baylee, slipping into the doctor's hands and was filled with fresh pride that my little girl had so gracefully delivered an angel.

I saw James' little arms reaching for me from his bunk bed as he cried, "Rock. Rock. Rock."

I saw Stephen's eleven-year-old grin in the camera window as he waved and called, "Hi, Mom!"

I heard the door open and saw my future son-in-law carrying his petite daughter into our family room. I felt excitement rush through me that this tender little child would soon be my granddaughter.

I wondered again where my former daughter-in-law is hiding my eldest grandson, Raevyn.

I saw my grandson Travis bound in the kitchen with his mother close behind.

I saw my father's aged, bright blue eyes peering over the front seat of the car as he saw me, meaning he saw me - the daughter who is more like him than he had realized - for the first time in my middle-aged life.

And I cried with the joy and mystery of it all.

I asked myself if I was ready to leave this world. I asked myself if I have loved enough. I asked myself if I could continue living as I have.

The answer to all these questions was, "No. No. And no."

I am not ready to leave. I have more love to give. And I absolutely cannot keep living as a woman whose stressed-filled soul cannot comprehend the majesty of the mountain view she sees from her window each morning.

I was shown the truth of my life in that dark bedroom shortly before 2:00 a.m. last Sunday as I clutched the middle of my chest, trying to will away the crushing pain. I suddenly understood why stress was stealing what should be the happiest days of my life, and I knew that I had no more excuses to make. I was shown why I had forgotten how to smile and why I was in danger of missing the joy God has waiting ahead for me.

And, in the process of this life review, God showed me why He had told me three weeks earlier that it is time for me to pass the mantle of managing my baby named Scrap Girls to fresh, excited hands.

These hands belong to a joyful woman named Debbie Cleek. She hails from Oregon and smiles through the Internet via multiple exclamation points.

God bore witness to my heart through Debbie's handmade card, sent to me via urgent UPS delivery, that she was the one I was looking for. With ribbon carefully sewn to tan and red cardstock and neat, pretty hand script, she passionately explained to me why she is in love with the Scrap Girls message and people and that she wants to honor our history. Her purpose in sending the card that morning was to demonstrate why I should choose her offer to buy Scrap Girls over the many other offers I would receive. When I searched online for her name, I found Debbie - our Debbie - smiling into a camera and speaking with dimples and a bright, sunny, slightly-nervous voice as she represented the company she worked for. I immediately knew that she would fit right in here, and I somehow knew that she would be able to carry the purple flag that I must now pass on.

And so now, finally, it is time. The unimaginable has happened. Eight years are enough. It was only an illusion that Scrap Girls was mine.

Scrap Girls is ours - all of ours - and I am merely the one who was called to found it and shepherd it until today. But Scrap Girls is not me, and I am not Scrap Girls. I am just one of the thousands who find bright spots of fun, creativity, and friendship on its web pages. As long as we have a leader who loves it as much as we do, we'll all be just fine.

So what's next? Am I leaving you?

No, I'm not leaving Scrap Girls. I am just handing over the big management and super-steerage of the company to Debbie. From now on, my role at Scrap Girls will be Founder and Product Designer.

After I take a break, which will include a well-deserved and much-needed, no-email vacation filled with closet-cleaning, hammock-swinging, late-night-fire-pit-watching, fiction-novel-reading, wall-paint-retouching, mountain-stream-trout-fishing, American-Fork-Canyon-picnicking, extended-family-visiting, I'll design... and I'll write... and I'll teach.

I will make pretty papers with bright happy colors and will gradually start finishing the large number of half-finished digital scrapbooking designs I've created this year. And then, when I am content that I smile when I look at them, I will release my new, cheerful digital scrapbooking products in the Scrap Girls Boutique.

And I'll write. I love to write. I'll write and I'll write and I'll write. I'll write books of all flavors, educational materials of all sorts in which I share what I've learned through the years. I'll write random, muse-y blog posts that you can read at http://ropaxman.com. And I will take my turn writing and crafting Designer's Life newsletter articles and posts for the Scrap Girls blog.

And I'll teach. I'll teach people how to build businesses that work at http://rozannepaxman.com, and I'll teach other people how to build digital scrapbooking layouts that they love right here - at Scrap Girls. And if I am blessed, and if it's God's will for me, I'll teach whoever is listening that life is worth living and how they can live it with joy and flair.

So, this is me officially handing over the reins to Debbie. Our team is well-trained and prepared for the shift. And I am still here, forever a Scrap Girl who will always be ready to answer the questions that Debbie might ask.

And finally, this is me, tearfully thanking everyone - and I mean absolutely everyone - who has participated in even the smallest way in the eight-year, purple Scrap Girls journey I've been on. Each of you, no matter what your position has been or how you have fit into this puzzle - from product designers, to layout artists, to Welcoming Committee team members, to customers, to Forum members, to former partners, to the team behind the scenes, to accountants, and lawyers, and advisors, and friends, and family - have taught me much and helped me to grow up.

I appreciate your lessons and love.

If you would like to follow my journey to discover what it is like to live in a new way (because I am setting out on an unmarked path that will completely change my life so as to avoid having a real heart attack), you are invited to follow me at http://ropaxman.com.

See you around!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ro, I'm thankful that you will still be around here at Scrap Girls. I pray that the stress is reduced and your health gets better. (We want you around here for a looong time!) Thank you for all you've done for us here. I wish the best for you!

Debbie, welcome to our happy, purple place!

(P.S. You've probably noticed over the years that I am not as eloquent as some people so I tend to say less. Still luv ya! :) )

I wrote in the status update, but will repeat here. Ro - from the end of your email ---Of course I understand. It is your life to take care of as best you can. Good luck, good rest and my best to you.

Thanks for creating this wonderful purple place and all the lives you've changed/enhanced through our connections. Take care - go well. :)

(PS - forgot to say YAY! so glad to here you will be teaching.. That's great. I've missed SG classes.)

And welcome Debbie! :)

I'm so happy to know you're not leaving us and you'll still be part of this wonderful purple place. I'll certainly be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take good care of yourself Ro. HUGSSSSSSSSS!!

:welcome2: Debbie! We're happy you've joined us and we'll be looking forward to working with you!!

Ro, I'm so happy you will get some time to recover from the stress you've been dealing with and that your health issues are being taken care of! As Charlene said, we want you around here for a very loooong time! I'm looking forward to seeing your love of digital Scrapbooking return in full force and to seeing your stress free joy filled designs!

Debbie, I'm excited to get to know you! Welcome to our happy online purple home! ((((((Hugs))))))

Keeping you close in thought and in prayer as you travel this new path in your life, Ro! As I read what you wrote in your email I could only think how difficult your decision must have been, but how very brave! God Bless You.

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Debbie!

Dear Ro, 477530xn0n6dbczf.gif

that you have had to make this decision but thankful you will still be around and hope that your health improves.

Debbie 994331xpxvrjrsyq.gif

Praying that this will be a wonderful time for you, Ro. A big thank you for ALL the big and little things you have done over the last 8 years.

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Debbie! Glad to have you here.

Ro: I so understand what you are going through...not the same set of circunstances but the same result. I'm putting you on my prayer list. I know God will meet you in all this and He has you under His wing. May God bless you as you seek Him

Debbie: Welcome! You are heading up an extremely talented set of designer, educators, and fellow digital scrapbookers! (I'm sure you know all that) I'm praying the transition will be good for you and all. Can't wait to get to know you.

Kathismac in Tucson

Ro, thank you for founding Scrap Girls and for all the wonderful things you have done in the past eight years. Your plan sounds like a very good one! Good for you! Like everyone else, I am happy you will still be here after your much deserved R&R. I look forward to your new designs and classes! Best of luck with your health, and now go enjoy life!!

Debbie, welcome to SGs as the new leader! Can't wait to "meet" you!

Ro,

You have been such an inspiration to all of us, and I am glad that after some rest, you will be here designing and teaching us without the hassles. God bless you and keep. Enjoy your life.

Welcome Debbie, anxious to meet you. You are getting a great group.

Ro, thank you so much for the time and dedication you have put into building Scrapgirls into the wonderful place it is...now go get some much needed R&R!!

Welcome, Debbie, looking forward to seeing you around!

(((Big hugs))) Ro, and thank you for always doing your best for Scrap Girls! You are much loved and well respected. :)

And a big welcome to Debbie ~ I'm looking forward to working with you! :)

Oh Ro I feel over whelmed and emotional reading your email even though I have only been with Scrap Girls a couple of years. I feel sad that I didn't know just how stressed you were and feel somehow I wished I had been more supportive. What a huge decision you have made, brave girl. You are important in so many lives but I'm so happy that for once you are putting yourself first. We so appreciate all you have done for us right back to envisioning this wonderful SG site. We value your wonderful muses which give us all inspiration and encouragement and most of all we value your friendship. I'm so happy you'll only be a click away ( In time) and we will still be in contact with you. Take care in your healing process as you reconnect with REAL life. We look forward to seeing you whole and refreshed in the not too distant future.Best wishes and welcome to Debbie. You sound like a wonderful keeper of the Scrap Girl spirit. Kay

I know how hard this decision must have been, but I am glad it will leave you more time to concentrate on your family and not be so stressed. Thank you for all that you do and continue to do for ScrapGirls, it is an amazing place because you made it that way!

Ro, I wish the very best for you, but most of all I wish you joy! Stop and smell the roses, and enjoy spending precious time with your family.

Debbie, welcome to Scrap Girls I look forward to getting to know you!

It will be so fun to see new products from you Ro after you take a break - we are so happy to know you will still be here with us :)

Debbie, welcome to this crazy purple place! Can't wait to get to know you, you will love it here!

Ro, thanks so much for founding Scrap Girls and giving so many people a creative outlet. You didn't just offer us wonderful products, you taught us how to use them and unselfishly shared your "secrets". I am amazed at how much I have learned here that has allowed me to express myself and preserve my memories. I have come to rely on scrap girls to be a trustworthy site with outstanding customer service. Please take care of yourself and enjoy all those things that had to take a back seat to Scrap Girls for the last 8 years. God bless you!

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Debbie. As you can see by the outpouring of love in these posts, you have big shoes to fill and I'm sure Ro wouldn't have picked you if she didn't think you were up to the challenge. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Thank you Ro for starting ScrapGirls. Thanks to the friendly helpful forum here, the daily newsletter with tutorials and freebies, the classes, the speed scraps, the challenges, and the fun special events, I learned so much about digital scrapbooking, enough to consider myself artistic for the first time in my life. I wish you the best in your exciting new endeavors!

I haven't been here long, but thank you, Ro, for making such a wonderful, caring, friendly place for us! Take care of yourself first and foremost. You will be in my prayers.

Welcome, Debbie! I am looking forward to getting to know you!

I too, commented on Ro's Status Update but will again give my love, hugs and best wishes.

Welcome, Debbie! We're so glad to have you here and I look forward to working with you.

Ro, my prayers and love are headed out to you - I wish you the most healing of "vacations" and look forward to the joy of HANGING OUT with you here - b/c you will have more free time to have FUN with us! :) And oh, the amazing designs you will make.

And a big purple welcome to Debbie - I look forward to getting to know you and wish you the bestest with your brand new venture here!

Ro, you will always be a part of Scrap Girls... it was your "baby" for 8 years. We will see you from time to time and you can "play" with us without so much stress in your life!

Debbie, Welcome to Scrap Girls. Being the Chief Eater of Oreos is a big job, and we look forward to helping you enjoy all those cookies!

So sorry to hear of your health issues Ro, but you must take care of yourself and get well. It is thanks to you and Scrapgirls that I even discovered digital scrapbooking. I want to thank you for all you have done in providing training,wonderful products to scrap with and all those generous freebies and sales. I'll keep you in my prayers and look forward to your new products after you are restored.

Many blessings to you.

Karen from Oregon

Archived