Important Scrap Girls Announcement

angleigh

Ro - I know you will enjoy just hanging out and having fun here with us all without all the stress! I'm glad you'll still be here! :bighug:

And thanks for all you have done here for the company and for each and every one of us! :clap:

And Debbie, Welcome! You're going to love it here! :welcome2:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've been a great leader Ro - thanks for everything you've done for us. Enjoy your break - I wish you well in your change of direction ((hugs))

Debbie, welcome to ScrapGirls - I look forward to working with you

Ro thank you so much for creating this warm and fuzzy purple place, there is definitely NO other place like it. I totally appreciated the fact that you took the time to write and send us all an e-mail explaining your decision and what brought you to this point!

:having-a-party: Welcome Debbie! :having-a-party:

I'm not usually stumped for words, but I honestly don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. I love you Ro! I admire you and appreciate you and respect you and want nothing but the best for you. I'm really proud of you for doing what you know is right for you and your family, all the while making sure your "baby" is well cared for. Everything is going to be a-okay. Thank you for making sure of that!

Debbie welcome aboard!! Looking forward to knowing and working with you!

Ro, wow. I have a heck of a lot of respect for you for listening to God and your body on this. I praise God that you were given the task to start Scrap Girls. But how could you not listen and heed when the message was so clear? I have admired your designs and teaching talent for as long as I have been here, and I look forward to working with you side by side!

Debbie, welcome! I am excited for the future of Scrap Girls! I know that with you at the helm, we will continue leading the industry and providing a beautiful, quality product for our customers. And the spirit of care and concern, the highest quality customer service, the work we all do here (team and members alike) to help each other succeed, will continue.

God bless you Ro. Thank you for inspiring us so much, not just with scrapbooking stuff, but with life issues and with your unshakeable faith. We wish you many more wonderful memories to review when you finally take the journey (MANY years from now) to be with Him.

Relax, enjoy and, most importantly, look after yourself.

Lots of love,

Gabrielle

PS. Welcome Debbie!

Change . . . most of us don’t like it, but since it is inevitable, we always somehow get through the process. And if we have our minds open, we can usually see afterwards that it happened for the right reasons. It still doesn’t mean it isn’t hard, though.

Ro, thank you for creating SG’s and bringing it to this point. It’s been a fantastic place for me, where I’ve learned SO much and met some extremely gifted and wonderful people and friends. And thank you for holding on until you could find someone to which you could ‘pass the reins’. As I read your email, three things made my breath quicken (and NOT in a good way!): Ro is sick, Ro is leaving, SG’s almost closed its doors!!! But you and God worked together and as usual when he is welcomed into the decision process, the outcome can be nothing but ‘right’!

I wish you SO much peace, Ro. You have been battling stress for about as long as I’ve known you, and I could see that it was taking its toll on you both physically and mentally; but you always courageously battled through. Hearing about your scary episode last weekend makes it very evident that you are doing the right thing for you and your family. Take some time to quiet your life a bit. We will be seeing you in both your new ‘building businesses’ venture and when you continue your design endeavors here at SG’s.

Debbie, welcome to your new home here at SG’s. You have made a great decision to take the reins from Ro and lead us onward in our digital scrapbooking venture. We look to the past, not with regret, but with love; and to the future with great expectation.

PS – I was able to have one chuckle when I opened this post. Is it not appropriate that Angie smoothly took care of Ro’s cable access problem just like she has taken care of a trillion problems for us all?!

Ro, I know this has been a very difficult decision for you to make. You are doing the right thing. Relax, get healthy, and play! You started this and that is an incredibly huge accomplishment, its ok to rest on your laurels for now. And its not good-bye, just see ya around.

Debbie, I want to thank you for taking this on. This has been a place to explore creativity, and most of all make friends. We're glad that you were able to be there when it was time to turn over the reins. Looking forward to the next phase of ScrapGirls.

Thanks so much, you guys! And you're right... It's not a goodbye at all! I am still here and from time to time, you will see me post an update on the status post on the front page. Don't want you to forget me!

And when I'm all rested, I'll be designing and releasing new products. I have tons of ideas that I could never get to. Lots and lots of them. You should see it. I have three or four sketch books full of ideas! It will be fun to create them for you.

So I'll see you around.

Love ya!

As a small business owner who's had her share of stress, your letter was a little scary for me personally, and definitely a caution. I'm sorry you were pushed to a decision, but I'm delighted you'll be able to continue being a part of this community, and it sounds like you've managed to make a great decision and keep the company going well as you rest and renew.

WOW!!

Ro words fail me after reading your post. I know I have not been on the boards in such a long time mostly due to ill health myself but when ever I needed products to scrap with this is the first place I come.

Ro my life change when I found this sunny purple place. I had never used photoshop before I came here and now I use is in so many different ways both at home and at work. You opened my world up to so many possibilities and challenges. All because of YOU!!

You have touched so many lives. One of the most important reasons that I think Scrap Girls has been so instrumental in many lives is that this purple place has been open to all regardless of your beliefs. I know that the prayers of many has been heard and answered through the many members of Scrap Girls.

My time on team was fantastic and I hold it very dear to my heart. I think you held us all up to a higher standard which has made Scrap Girls the fun, energetic, creative place that it is today.

Ro my prayer for you now is that you will rest in the palm of God's hand and let Him heal you. You have blessed and touch so many, now may God bless you as you trust in Him and the plan He has for you.

Thank you seems not enough to express my gratitude to you but thank you!!

Bless you

Karen

Ro, I'm glad to know you're taking care of yourself and working to prevent further health issues. You should be proud of what you've built here and happy to see it continue to grow and be a great place for people to come together and support each other.

Debbie, welcome to ScrapGirls!

Ro, thank you for making the right decision for your health! I'll keep you in my prayers as you travel this path. Take care, relax, and listen to the docs so we will continue to have your love, knowledge, friendship, skill and humor around here! Hugs!

Welcome Debbie! I'm looking forward to getting to know you also!

I read all of your newsletters, Ro and was really surprised to get this one. You are definitely doing the right thing! We have to take care of ourselves first and the rest will follow. I've signed up to get email updates from your blog and will look forward to reading them. Sorry I haven't gotten to know you. I feel like I know you, though, from your newsletters. Get lots of rest and forget about the things that stress you out! Just relax for awhile and enjoy life. Your newsletter was beautiful and movingly written, as are all of your musings.

Welcome, Debbie!!!

Congratulations, Ro, on your very gutsy decision!

It seemed a little like "hearing the other shoe drop" after the past few months, and I'm relieved that you have made the choice to "pass the baton" to the next runner/conductor, and live to tell about it. Stress attacks can be an amazing gift. It sure makes you want to avoid the real thing. That's your job now.

I share all the gratitude expressed here for the courage and passion you have invested in Scrap Girls. It is such a remarkable accomplishment. Nothing can diminish that or the success you have earned. Thank you!

We''ll look forward to hearing from a healthier you, in whatever capacity inspires you.

Debbie, welcome! You must be a pretty smart cookie or this would never have happened. You clearly know how lucky you are and I send you all good wishes and prayers for the continued success of Scrap Girls.

Ro, I know this was a tough decision for you, but I am glad you are making your health a first priority. I feel as if I know you through all the newsletters over the years, and we actually have a lot in common. I wish you the very best, and I'm sure you will eventually enjoy having time to do some of those design and teaching ideas you have wanted to do over the years.

We will be here, looking forward to your visits and wisdom.

Welcome Debbie, I'm sure Ro is reassured in finding someone like you who will take care of her little purple place.

Ro, your letter brought me to tears, but I'm glad that you are taking time to heal and that you are not leaving us permanently. I look forward to seeing some of your new designs after you get the R and R you desperately need.

Debbie, Welcome to ScrapGirls! I'm looking forward to "meeting" you!

Ro ~ this is the year of change for many of us. I pray many blessings on your future!

Ro, I am so sorry to hear about your health problems! I wish you all the best as you learn how to live your new life. Enjoy your vacation and work as hard at resting and recuperating as you do at everything you are passionate about. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Debbie, Welcome to Scrap Girls! I look forward to getting to know you better!

Sending prayers for your continued healing and recovery as you make this transition. I know we all will enjoy every precious bit that you contribute to this neighborhood, and will forever be thankful for your labor of love in its creation. Be well, friend.

Welcome Debbie! I am so looking forward to your involvement here.

Ro

I hope and pray that you will have a wonderful break! I will miss you but I look forward to your return, renewed and revitalized. Take all the time you need until it all becomes fun again.

Scrapgirls is such a great part of my life. I thank you for starting us up, bringing us together, and handing us over when the time was right.

Lots of love,

Marylou

Ro - I haven't been here long, but you created a wonderful purple place, we will miss you, but you need to look after yourself first and foremost.

Debbie - Welcome

I'm excited for you Ro to just live life and not having to live with the stress all the time. I also had the chance to meet Debbie. She's great and I'm excited to get to know her better and see the what's in store for Scrapgirls! :)

Ro YOur daily visits to the site will be missed. I am so ever grateful that you brought scrapgirls into our lives. Without you there would be no scrapgirls! I think I can say it for all of us here. We are grateful for all you have done for all of us here on the site and for making this site. Also we are glad that you are taking care of you, it's time, your family needs you and like you said you have lots of other adventures to take. So take care and I await your creations!! Have a good holiday from the e-mails!! We all love you !!

Hi Ro, I just realized today that you sold Scrapgirls because of health issues. I just wanted to say how much love the site and you did such an amazing job creating and growing it! Good luck with your future endevers and I wish you abundant health & happiness!!!

Sheila

I'm chiming in late, but I wanted to stop in and wish Ro the very best. You've created a magical place here, and I'm so grateful for this wonderful community. I'm also thrilled to hear you'll still be spending time with us here at ScrapGirls!

Welcome, Debbie! I look forward to getting to know you!

• 2 weeks later...

Ro...I certainly understand and respect your decision to alter your direction. ScrapGirls has been a part of my daily life for quite a while...since the early days. It's a unique haven for those of us that love our family, friends, pets, relatives (past and present) and find the methods and tools to preserve our precious memories. You've dedicated your life and talent to our purple quest and should look forward to your new role with enthusiasm and love. Meanwhile, take that much needed break and rest. Enjoy that privilege of being a wonderful grandmother.

On the first of June I was operated on for colon cancer--a mass found during a routine colonoscopy. So you never know what bumps there are in the road. Tomorrow I meet with the Oncologist for chemotherapy, but I have high hopes. Ro, you made a comment several years ago. It was something on the order of: If you were say 60 years old, and had a life expectancy of 80, you had 20 more years...20 years x 365 days...which is a total of 7300 days--so make the best of EACH day! I've never forgotten that. The ticker is ticking and even louder now. I do not have the exact count but every day when I wake up I wonder what can I do today to make it one that really counts!!! Thank you for all your wisdom and sage advice. I'll definitely continue to follow your outlook on life through your blog. One favorite collection I loved that you did years ago I think was called Florida Vacation. (I lost it when my EHD crashed.) I'm looking forward to seeing your new work at ScrapGirls.

Nourish your body, spirit and mind. You are much loved and appreciated!

Archived