Rebuilding Styles Gallery In Pse9

englishrose

Can anyone help me please?

I recently installed some new SG Styles and, as instructed, deleted the MediaDatabase.db3 file to enable the program to rebuild the database. Since then my styles and photeffects gallery has either been empty or contained only minimum numbers of the PSE9 styles. I have deleted the MediaDatabase file several times now, switched the computer off etc etc all to no effect.

I know all my purchased styles etc are still in their correct folders so I can't understand why PSE9 won't "pick them up" when it rebuilds the database.

Hoping my ScrapGirls friends can point me in the right direction.

Hi Hilary. I don't know why your styles are not showing up. Are you making sure that PSE is closed before you delete the MediaDatabase.db3?

When you delete the MediaDatabase.db3 from here: C: > ProgramData> Adobe > Photoshop Elements > 9.0 > Locale > en_us, are you also deleting the ThumbDatabase.db3 from here: C: > ProgramData> Adobe > Photoshop Elements > 9.0 at the same time?

If you are sure you've copied the asl files to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\9.0\Photo Creations\layer styles, then deleted the MediaDatabase and ThumbDatabase files and allowed enough time for PSE to rebuild, then I don't know what else there is.

I'm hoping perhaps someone else will come along with some ideas for you.

Edit: I don't know if you use Add-O-Matic, but here is a post from Tiza that may also be helpful: Post #12

The only thing I can suggest (I use PSE10) is to copy all of your styles back into C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\9.0\Photo Creations\layer styles

Make sure that PSE is closed when you do this. Then go to C: > ProgramData> Adobe > Photoshop Elements > 9.0 > Locale > en_us and delete the MediaDataBase.db3 file. Restart PSE and the new database should start to rebuild itself. This might take a long time to rebuild depending on how many styles you have in your file.

I've never deleted the ThumbDatabase files, as there wasn't any such file to delete. The only files I see are thumbnail files and they are the styles that come with PSE and I don't think you would want to delete all of those files.

Hope that this helps.

Hi Hilary. I don't know why your styles are not showing up. Are you making sure that PSE is closed before you delete the MediaDatabase.db3?

When you delete the MediaDatabase.db3 from here: C: > ProgramData> Adobe > Photoshop Elements > 9.0 > Locale > en_us, are you also deleting the ThumbDatabase.db3 from here: C: > ProgramData> Adobe > Photoshop Elements > 9.0 at the same time?

If you are sure you've copied the asl files to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\9.0\Photo Creations\layer styles, then deleted the MediaDatabase and ThumbDatabase files and allowed enough time for PSE to rebuild, then I don't know what else there is.

Edit: I don't know if you use Add-O-Matic, but here is a post from Tiza that may also be helpful: Post #12

Teresa - you're a star. Deleting the ThumbDatabase did the trick. Where would I be without my ScrapGirl friends?!

Teresa - you're a star. Deleting the ThumbDatabase did the trick. Where would I be without my ScrapGirl friends?!

YAY! So glad you got it to work! ;)

Archived