Brandy's Magical Photos

I got Brandy Murray's actions Magical Photos and her description says the various steps can be tweaked, but when I run it, the last step condenses all of it into one "set" that I can't seem to separate out so I can adjust them. Can you help? I use Elements 9. Is it only adjustable for Photoshop? I can only lower the opacity of the whole effect, not individual elements of it. Otherwise, it is a nice set of effects. I especially like it on black and white photos.

I got Brandy Murray's actions Magical Photos and her description says the various steps can be tweaked, but when I run it, the last step condenses all of it into one "set" that I can't seem to separate out so I can adjust them. Can you help? I use Elements 9. Is it only adjustable for Photoshop? I can only lower the opacity of the whole effect, not individual elements of it. Otherwise, it is a nice set of effects. I especially like it on black and white photos.

Hi Peggy!

All you need to do is open the folder that all the effects are in. There should be a little arrow on that layer, Click on it and the folder will open up. Then you can select any layer to adjust.

Let me know if that works for you!

Hi Peggy!

All you need to do is open the folder that all the effects are in. There should be a little arrow on that layer, Click on it and the folder will open up. Then you can select any layer to adjust.

Let me know if that works for you!

So that's what the little arrow is for.

Thanks for a brilliant action, Brandy.

I don't see any little arrow. There is a symbol on the right of the name of the set, but if I click it, it says "non-editable adjustment". There is a golder icon on the left, but clicking it does not bring up an arrow. How odd. Maybe this is a problem with PSE9? By the way, your little girl has eyelashes to die for.

I don't see any little arrow. There is a symbol on the right of the name of the set, but if I click it, it says "non-editable adjustment". There is a golder icon on the left, but clicking it does not bring up an arrow. How odd. Maybe this is a problem with PSE9? By the way, your little girl has eyelashes to die for.

Here's some screen shots (Attached)

And thank you about Lilly, she's my niece and one of a set of twins. She has a brother that has prettier eyelashes than most girls!

Guess I shouldn't have made that so big! Sorry, but at least you can see the layers easier.

post-9429-0-66589000-1339358124_thumb.jpg

Sorry Brandy, but there is no little arrow to the left of the folder on my screen. When I tried clicking in the space shown on your screen shot, I got a message saying "you are attempting to open a group, which is not supported in Photoshop Elements" & asking if I want to simplify the layer. Unless there is a keystroke shortcut that will overcome that limitation, I guess we Elements users will not be able to adjust the layers. I have other actions which leave the layers ungrouped. I wonder if anyone knows a way to get them that way.

Not a choice under Layer. I can duplicate set or delete group. I looked under Select too to see if there was a way to select layers there perhaps, but nothing.

Hmmm..I had these tested in PSE and no one told me, but I guess they weren't looking for that. Let me double check this and see if i can do the action without the grouping. If so and it works I'll get back with all of you. If at all possible we will get you fixed!

Thank you, that is so wonderful of you. The actions are great as is, but I would like to tweak parts on some pictures.

We can get it changed ladies! Angie just tested it. I have a couple of things to do then I will reload it tomorrow.

Angie will send out a message to everyone who got it so you can re-download.

Thank you very much for bringing this up Peggy.

Wow, you are just the best. Thank you so much for making this completely functional for us Elements users. I am in awe over the customer service at ScrapGirls. I appreciate your time and caring. And I love your products Brandy.

Archived