#1 Scrappa

Scrappa

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm from Australia and I have done some paper-based scrapbooking in the past..I did some classes, during which i put together some nice pages.

In the coming months (launching july) I'm starting a photobooth hire business for weddings birthdays and other special events and occasions and I want to intergrate scrapbooking into the business. I am planning to offer my customers a digital scrapbooking service (using 4x6 copies of their photobooth pics to make a minimum 20 page guestbook) as one of the optional extras to the hire. (min 20 pages would be the minimum cost effective amount of pages for me to print).

I'm looking for an efficient (and legal) way to provide the digital scrapbooking service.

At first I had a quick look into smilebox for templates, but from people's reviews on google, smilebox didnt seem like a good path to go.

I have been thinking of buying Scrapbook Factory, the only question I have about it is whether it would be legal to use the templates for business purposes? My other thought about it would be whether it would be worth it to the customer when they could probably just easily create this kind of thing themself.

I suppose my other option would be to commission a scrapbook template designer to design a selection of templates specifically for use in my business. Where might be some good places to look in regards to this?

Another option, and maybe the most cost effective (and legal) option could possibly be to put together some templates of my own. I have a bit of a web development background so I already have skills with photoshop, i would just have to buy the software and maybe do some scrapbooking specific tutorials.

I am going to have a password protected online gallery where customers can log in to see photos from their event, so I could also use this setup where i'd have a section for customers to review and choose a scrapbooking template for their photos.

Has anyone come across a Scrapbooking service such as the one I am describing? Any tips on how I could best go about things?

Thanks.

#2 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,067 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

First, let me welcome to you ScrapGirls! We're happy to have you here. I haven't seen a site like the one you are describing, but I haven't looked for one either.
Most people here use either Photoshop Elements or Photoshop to put pages together. You can get a free 30 day trial from Adobe.
Many of the products in the boutique are available with commercial licenses. There are lots of templates to choose from.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#3 AggieB

AggieB

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,687 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Welcome & good luck with your business! I know it is hard work.
There really are a lot of nice templates here to choose from. Some of them are especially appropriate for the kind of book you mention. Look at the categories in the boutique (drop-down menu on the right hand side of the page).

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#4 Scrappa

Scrappa

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

Hi,

Thanks very much for your replies.

I will have a bit of a look around the ScrapGirls website and at the sections you suggest, thanks for that, that's helps me with my question.

I hadn't really realised that in addition to the large paper-based business of selling Scrapbooking supplies, there is also a whole digital counterpart to that.

Although I'm familiar with paper-based scrapbooking, I am new to digital scrapbooking so I suppose it will be a good idea to familiarise myself with it...
it looks like the ScrapGirls website is a good place to start.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users