Photoshop Cs6

ladyscrapalot

Well I'm slowly starting to get the hang of my new laptop and Windows 7. I've also started working through my photoshop cs5 lessons. I am working on how to use styles. The instructor mentions a WOW Chrome preset. I know how to find the different styles that come with photoshop but not this one. I tried googling it but now much luck. What exactly are WOW styles and where can they be found in cs6? Thanks for any help.

Kelly

Yup - April is right! The Wow books usually come with a CD of extra styles and goodies. If you have the CD, you can just install them on your computer or use them directly from thd CD. If you don't have the CD, maybe you can try e-mailing the publisher to see if there's a way to purchase them?

Let us know how you make out!

Guest Tommy Vey

There are many websites which offer free photoshop styles, brushes, patterns etc. Just google it!

I contacted and heard back from the instructor. She said she wrote the lessons a long time ago so couldn't remember which program she used to write them. She also didn't know that they didn't automatically come with PS like they do with PSE. Since these are just basic special FX lessons I won't worry about it. I mainly got the lessons to help get familiar with ps6.I just hadn't heard of WOW styles. Thanks again ladies .I love it here in the land of purple ;)

There are enough styles here at Scrap Girls that I LOVE, I haven't needed to look elsewhere. So if you don't need those specific WOW ones to get through the lessons, you should have no problem finding a replacement from our boutique. :)

I have CS4 and I looked at the styles included, the good news is that they have some that are "hidden" from the casual observer. If you click on the styles panel and then the little 3 line with a triangle button on the upper right side of the panel, then a menu will pop up. You can choose from a list of default styles that won't show up if you just reset the styles. If you choose "Web Styles" from the list, there's a Chrome style...it's not called WOW, but I think you'll find it's adequate for what you need. If you can't find the little dropdown menu, post again and I'll make you a screen shot.

When you are finished with your lesson, check out the boutique because there are tons of really cool styles there. Once you start using them, there's no going back!

Hope that helps!

Yes I knew about the hidden styles. I just didn't know what the instructor was refering to. Since I had purchased the lessons as a download back in December. I didn't know if it was something I forgot to download. I worked on the lessons alittle more but so discovered they almost like the ones I did awhile back for cs. I had hope it would show me a little about how to use cs6. So I bought a book and should be here Saturday. After I get more familar with using cs6. I'll go back to these lessons and see if there is something new. Thanks for all your suggestions on what to use in place of the WOW styles.

Archived