Printing Cards

JenW

OK, so I made a baby announcement for a friend and wanted to send it off to print. I was thinking of printing through shutterfly or snapfish (first things to come to mind) However, all their cards are templates, I can't seem to upload my own design and print it unless I upload it as a print, not a card. If I do this, it will not come with envelopes and I I have to purchase these separate and I run into the problem of finding the right size and quality, Blah, Blah, Blah. Also, I want good quality card paper not regular photo paper. Am I make this too complicated???

Where do you print your own designed cards? Where should I look? Who's your go to printing source???

I know just what you mean! Snapfish and shutterfly used to have a "blank" card option, but they don't anymore. GRrrrrr...

I have used both Walmart and Costco - but don't know if they still have their blank card option. Both of these I uploaded online and then picked up at the store.

Good luck - I exactly know your frustration!

You might try mpix.com. I don't known if they have the option you need, but this is where I get my Christmas cards printed. I've been very pleased with the quality and the speed of their shipping.

My favorite is PrintDirtCheap.com. Their customer service is amazing and the prints are great. I have used VistaPrint as well with good results, but for invitations/cards they're a little pricy.

Thank you for the ideas, I knew I could count on my scrap girl friends! I'll go check them all out.

• 1 year later...

I just did an online chat with Shutterfly, since I made my own last year, and couldn't find the option today. They have blank cards and other products to use your own images, without a pre-filled design. They're at Digital Scrapbooking. Hooray! You can also do notebook covers, mugs, phone cases, and more.

Costco's site has "single photo" card options for which you can upload a finished jpeg file, Costco Cards.

Hope these links help--it always helps to just "ask the vendor directly.

Archived