Help - The Gremlins Are Here!

Deb C.

I pressed something that the gremlins didn't like - - and they took my tools, photo bin, layers, etc.

I finally figured out how to get everything back except the options at the top. I know they are probably not called options but it's where you can pick the size you want your type to be, the font, etc.

I closed everything and opened it back up but it's still not there.

Also, while I'm here, I thought I used to be able to see the size of the photo at the bottom of the screen, like 4x6, etc. Now I only see the pixel size and resolution. How can I get that back?

Thanks.

Deb C.

PSE 9 on a MacBook Pro

Hmmmm.. I use PSE6 on Mac so can't really help but can tell you whenever I have a problem like this - the first thing I do is go up to my top left corner (don't know if it's the same for you) and click the arrow, then click on "reset all tools" in case I've inadvertently clicked something. Hope that helps until someone else comes along. :)

I agree with MariJ above. Also remember that the options appear when you actually go to use a tool. They aren't always there. For example, when you click on the crop tool, the options "aspect ratio" "resolution", etc. will show up. If you mean that whole section of the screen is missing, then, I'm sorry I have no idea how to help. Good luck!

I'm not on a MAC either but my dimensions on photos shows inches and what resolution the photo is. If I click and hold on the dimension bar, it shows me the pixel measurements. I looked under Edit>Preferences to see if I could find a place to change it, but I didn't find anything. I'm sorry I wasn't much help.

There IS a command that hides/shows all your tools. I intensely dislike what Adobe chose for the command in PS, because it's WAY TOO EASY to click it by mistake. I think it's the same in PSE. Try opening PSE. After it's fully open, press the TAB key. You should get your tools and palettes back.

Thanks, ladies, for your help.

Yes, Florida Granny, the whole section was missing. I didn't even have the option "reset all tools", Marij. And I did turn off the computer and that didn't help, KatieGrace.

BUT - - - I turned it off again and took it on vacation with me - - and the next time I turned it on - - everything was fixed. Guess the Gremlins wanted to go on vacation too!! :)

Anyone know how to make the photo size show up in inches instead of pixels at the bottom of the edit screen?

You can change how that little bar displays information by going to Edit>preferences>Units & Rulers then on the Units section, there's a drop down box next to the word Rulers. Choose inches and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps!

Post again if you still have difficulty and I'll make you a screenshot.

Rose Ann, thank you so much for your solution. It worked!! I can now see how big my photo is in inches!

I'm on a Mac with PSE 9 so maybe that's why this was different - - but Preferences was not under Edit. I had to search for that, but once I found it, it was Easy Peasy.

Thanks again!

Deb

Archived