Help! I Lost All My Stuff!

momvetkat

I really feel like a dummy on this board. I am trying to take my time and learn slowly but couldn't resist all the pretty things on sale this week, so I purchased for future use. I work out of town so wasn't able to download until this morning. (For clarification, I have a Mac.)So that went OK and I dragged all the folders onto my Scrapgirls folder on my desktop. Should have left them there but dragged them, in bulk into My Documents. Apparently I put them in the folder below my Scrapgirls folder, so I dragged them back out onto the desktop (big mistake) so I could put them in the proper folder. Well most of them are MIA - I have no idea how to find them or exactly what I have or don't have. Do I have to reopen all the zipped files again. Again, I know I am probably one of the most inept people you have had here, so I apologize.

I can't help you because I am not a computer guru either, but I just wanted to tell you that nothing is too simple or too hard for these gals to figure out. Someone will be along shortly to help you, I am sure! Don't ever hesitate to ask a question. They are all very helpful here. Sorry you are having problems!

I have inadvertently dragged things into the wrong folder - and thought it was gone. Do you know the file name of anything that's missing? you can do a search in windows.

Hi! Welcome to Scrap Girls!

I am so sorry to hear about your struggle!

Not to worry though, because in the very worst case, Angie can send you new download links and all will be solved. The customer service at Scrap Girls is second to none, so you can always get lost products replaced. So you can breathe!

The other good thing is that all of the SG products are named with the same pattern, so you can search using the search box in windows. The pattern is the first initial of the designers first name and the first 2 initials of the last name. For example, if you are looking for something Brandy Murry designed, the name will start with BMU or if you are looking for something by Thao Cosgrove, the name of the product will start with TCO. So a product name might be BMU_SSPaper_Popups.

Another thing to keep in mind is that your download links are valid for a month. So if you bought your goodies in the last 30 days, you can just re-download them.

I hope that helps!

Don't hesitate to post again if you need some help.

Thanks for your quick responses. I was close to tears! But I managed to figure it out. I knew the folders were there because I could search for them but it took me a while to figure out that I had dragged them into my ScrapGirls folder while it was open, so they ended up as subfolders of other folders (if that makes sense?). Anyway, this whole project took all day but the good thing is, if it happens to someone else as new as I am, I will be actually able to help THEM. Thanks again!

Glad you found them! And welcome to Scrap Girls. One of the things I like about my Mac is the finder function. Just enter the name of the file (while you can get from your account here) and everything with that name will show up, along with its location. I have inadvertently saved some things in odd places before and this feature really helped me out.

Archived