Moving Layers Together In Cs3

zebidee75

I was wondering if someone can help me - I want to be able to somehow 'lock' a number layers together so that I can move them around the page together (i.e. as one object), but I don't want to 'flatten' the layers because I want to still have the option to edit the different layers once they have been moved. I'm sure there must be a way to do this but I'm new to Photoshop so don't know where to start looking to find the answer!

Many thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about CS3, but in CS5 there is a button at the bottom of the Layers Panel that looks like a link. Highlight the layers you want to lock together and click this button. You can unlock them by highlighting and clicking again. HTH for now. If you need more, I'm sure someone will be along with a little more time to explain a little better.

The little link thingy at the bottom of the layers panel works great, just be sure to select all the layers you want linked first by holding down the control or command key and clicking on the layers. Then click on the link. Another method is to group the layers. Again select all you want and then control or command G. That works especially well if you adjustment layers or clipping masks.

Ladies you are wonderful - thank you very much for your help - I knew there was a quick and easy solution out there, it was just a question of finding it!

Your time is much appreciated.

Archived