Fonts

Hi and boy do I need the help! I just purchased 3 new fonts and haven't a clue as to how to get them into my Photoshop Elements 10 program. I am using a Windows 7 version PC. Just like me to buy it and say "I'll MAKE it work!". Now I suffer. I'd really be Thankful for all the help I can get.

Be sure PSE is closed. After you unzip the file, right click on the font file (the one that says Type: True Type font file) and click on Install. That's all there is to it. When you re-start PSE, the font should be listed in with your other fonts. HTH

One thing I noticed with two fonts that I purchased was that the names of the fonts changed once I had installed them. Witty Font was listed as 'Eclectic' and Give it a Whirl Font was listed as 'Whirl New'.

Be sure PSE is closed. After you unzip the file, right click on the font file (the one that says Type: True Type font file) and click on Install. That's all there is to it. When you re-start PSE, the font should be listed in with your other fonts. HTH

One thing I noticed with two fonts that I purchased was that the names of the fonts changed once I had installed them. Witty Font was listed as 'Eclectic' and Give it a Whirl Font was listed as 'Whirl New'.

Theresa - I had the same crazy thing with the Witty Font. Drives me crazy because it's new so I forget the name "Eclectic" then forget to use it.

I can't understand why the name changes once it's installed, but I"m glad it wasn't just me.

Theresa - I had the same crazy thing with the Witty Font. Drives me crazy because it's new so I forget the name "Eclectic" then forget to use it.

I can't understand why the name changes once it's installed, but I"m glad it wasn't just me.

Hi Marilyn. Nope, it's not just you. I made a note to myself and in my fonts folder with the new names so I when I want to use them I'll be able to find them. I just sent a PM to Syndee about it too. :)

If you double click on the font file, a box comes up that shows what the font looks like (you can also install it from there). At the top it will tell you the name of the font, as it will appear in PSE, word, etc.

Sorry about that, it's my font authoring software, it's a bit persnickety. I tried to fix it but it's not letting me so I am going to have to redo the font in order to change the name. I will let you know when I have the updated version and send it to you :)

I open the Control panel and drag and drop into 'Fonts'. Did not know you could do it any other way. Is it the same for PSE9?

Fonts are installed on your computer. Any program that is capable of reading them will use them, like PSE, word, etc. It doesn't really matter how you install them, if they show up in your program that's all that really matters.

Ok, the font names are fixed just send me an email with your old font as an attachment and I will send you the re-named font(s). I added a version that is a bit more bold as well :)

syndeescrapper@gmail.com

Here is what I do after it is unzipped --- I have my unzipped font folder open and my program font folder open (side by side) and just drag the font over to the program font folder, that's all there is to it --- when you open PSE it will be there!

If you have Windows7, it's super easy to install a font. After unzipping, double click on the font file. It will open a window that shows you what the font looks like in different sizes. At the top of that window, you have options to print and install. Click on the install button, and your font is installed. I don't know about PSE, but I don't have to close Photoshop - the font will show up in the list.

• 1 year later...

if there is a thread about this already please direct me to the right place, but when you're accumulated a lot of fonts how do you mange them all? are they all installed? how do you uninstall some that you don't think you'll ever use (like wingdings,etc)?

Archived