More Shadow Questions

jenrou

Needs shadows

I think I may know the answer, but hope not.:lol: Do I need to erase hanging-over parts of the photo to get shadows? After clipping to a template or mask, parts of the photo are too large and I'm too lazy to erase them. I can't get shadows. One of my new layouts does not have shadows for this reason, they don't show up, although I tried.

Needs shadows

I think I may know the answer, but hope not.:lol: Do I need to erase hanging-over parts of the photo to get shadows? After clipping to a template or mask, parts of the photo are too large and I'm too lazy to erase them. I can't get shadows. One of my new layouts does not have shadows for this reason, they don't show up, although I tried.

Jean, rather than adding the shadow to the photo layer, you may want to try adding the shadow to the template or mask layer HTH

Hi Jean,

When you're shadowing objects with hard edges like stickers, pictures, or this template, you may need to adjust your shadow so that it's smaller and less spread out. In PSE you can click on the little fx on the layer after you add a shadow and adjust it's size, distance, and color. For something hard edged you might try the size and distance between 2 to 6 pixels depending on your preference.

HTH

Jean, Theresa and Aggie are right, you will need to add the shadow to the template or mask layer not the photo layer you have clipped. Happy shadowing. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived