Pictures On Candles

Has anyone ever made the candles with the pictures on them? I saw this in a scrapbook magazine the other day and I was thinking of trying them for christmas presents. just looking to find out how they have turned out it you have made them before. thanks

Pictures no, stamped water colored painted items yes! I have attached a photo of some that I did. I would be happy to walk you thru what I did.

I did some last year as christmas gifts! They were very easy but took a long time to dry so you can't leave them to the last minute. All it takes is candles, white tissue paper and Modge podge. And they look lovely as they burn.

Yes I stamped on the tissue paper. Yoy have to use non water based ink like Stazon so that when you paint it doesn't bleed. I "painted" them with water pens and chalk. After they are dry you just mist them with Krylon fixative or matte acrylic sealer and then use Modge Podge to very carefully apply them to the candle. Put a coat on the candle then put the image on, let dry and apply 6-8 coats letting dry about 2 hours between coats.

Guest dawnsmemories
They are beautiful! Do you put the modge podge over the entire candle or only on the section with the tissue paper?

hmmm... I wonder if you can do a photo transfer onto tissue paper (like with tape?) and then place it onto the candle?

Too many ideas! LOL
dawn

[quote name='dawnsmemories' post='64701' date='Oct 14 2006, 09:34 PM']They are beautiful! Do you put the modge podge over the entire candle or only on the section with the tissue paper?

hmmm... I wonder if you can do a photo transfer onto tissue paper (like with tape?) and then place it onto the candle?

Too many ideas! LOL
dawn[/quote]

I saw instructions on printing a photo on vellum then using wax paper and heating it on the candle with a heat gun. I havent tried it yet but would like to. Just have to get ink for my printer and find nice tall white candles.

Archived