Congratulations Anne-Marie!

CRS

Congratulations Anne-Marie! The Scrap Girls Team has chosen Anne Marie as the Member of the Month for July. She will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique and has the honor of wearing the Member of the Month blinkie!

Anne Marie has been a member of the Scrap Girls forums since May 2008 and has been able to spend even more time here since retiring. Anne Marie participates in a variety of the challenges and swaps, has started some fun, new forum games, is quick to welcome new members and helps wherever she can on the Scrap Girls forums. Thank you so much for making Scrap Girls the fun and friendly purple place it is!

So this is what happens while I am sleeping :going-to-sleep:

What a special surprise to discover this morning ( morning here Down Under )

1998638vnhwzo5jzz.gif for the honour of being Member of the Month.

I think I need to share a little about myself in this thread so I will pop back in later and do so... just need to stop this excited heart from beating so fast ( you might have given a heart attack with this surprise :i-love-it: )

Hi Anne-Marie just wanted to say once again. Congratulations and well done on your special honour. What a wonderful, exciting month ahead.. Go Anne-Maree.. dancingelephant.gifdancingelephant.gifdancingelephant.gif

Here goes to share a little about me:

It was February 2008 when I stated to dabble in some digital scrapbooking. I had been a paper scrapbooker since 2006 with the birth of my first grandchild ( Imogen ). I had been and still do cardmaking using rubber stamps ( now do a little hybrid ) since 1992.

My first attempt at digital I did not like it but then I tried again and found how versatile it was and how much fun - no more glue where I don't want it - no more ink smudge marks just when the page was about finished - and soooo much fun playing with the photos in photoshop. I started with the very first Photoshop Elements which came with my scanner way back in the dark ages and once I found I liked digital scrapbooking, I quickly bought myself PSE 6 and then around a year later bought CS3 cheap when they brought out CS4 and that is all I use now.

I joined Scrap Girls not long after I started digital scrapbooking and gained soooo much help in the forum here which is why I always look for opportunities to help others now.

With finishing up work to join my husband in retirement it has allowed me to have more time to be more involved here and also be able to join in some of the chats that used to happen while I was at work.

On the personal side - This year marks 20 years of marriage to my Ken. I was a single mother when I married Ken. My daughter Ruth is the one who has provided me with 3 precious granddaughters. I enjoy creating pages featuring my granddaughters but also enjoy pages about the places I have seen as I enjoy travelling. Also I enjoy digging out old photos to use on pages. I use my scrapbooking to record memories for me to look back on in years to come and for the future generations ( if they want to keep my albums ) to be able to see a glimpse of what my life was like.

In the middle of this month I may not have a lot of internet access as we are leaving on 16th for a holiday in the outback of our state and will return about the last weekend of the month.

I hope I carry the crown well for you all, this month.

It was fun to get to know you a little better through your "little bit about yourself", Anne-Marie! Thanks for sharing with us and congratulations again for being July MOM at our little purple place!

:congrats3: :congrats3: :congrats3:

Archived