July Swap Crop

CRS

Happy July!! I am so brain dead from this heat and unpacking that I have no ideas for a theme this month. So, please help me!!! You can also sign up in this thread as well as post ideas! You all are so creative; I know we'll have some great ideas!

Let's see...The reveal day will be July 28th. So let's say we have until July 9th to sign up and then I'll post partners on July 10th. I'll update this post with a theme as soon as we have one!

Jenna

Valerie

Belle

Cheryll Ann

Elizabeth

AnnBK

Monica

Kim

Carol

Melanie

Aggie

Jane

I want to sign up!

As for theme, I don't have a lot of ideas but I will think on it. When I think of July I think of fireworks, BBQ, time with friends, & red, white, & blue. Of course, I realize that not all of our girls are in the USA so some of those themes would not work for them.

I want to join in.

Jenna suggested more American ideas, so what about something to do with the country we each consider home. Down side would be that's it difficult to scrap about something or somewhere you know little or nothing about.

I'll see if I can think of anything else.

What about just 'Family' It's holiday time in the USA and South Africa. What about everywhere else. We all get together for that. Or, England just had the Queens Jubilee and the USA has Independence Day. What about Celebrations in your country. Whether it is this month or this year. What about your grandparents? Or ancestors?

Please put me on the list for July.

I'll join in. How about we scrap about Freedom? Doesn't have to be Independece Day-type freedom but just depictions of freedom, beautiful landscapes, view from atop a tall building, a baby's first steps, your first car, buying your first home, watching a sunset ... you get the idea.

I don't want to join in the swap but I would like to suggest a theme. Maybe a theme about Where would you like to visit and why? could be a holiday destination or just someplace you have never been to. Also I was thinking it could be something about your hertiage that maybe you had never been to or a time you wish you could go back to. Like the cowboy days!! or if you could go back in time what time period would you pick and why? What do you like about that time period!

Good luck to everyone on their swaps!!

I like the ideas so far! I'm leaning towards the Family idea, but that can go so many ways that include the other suggestions, too. I like Helena's suggestion, too! I knew I could count on you all!!

You can count me in on this months swap. I like cherryyllaann's suggestion of 'Freedom'. I did a search on the internet and came up with these bizarre, unique, and special days. Why not let us each pick one and have our partner scrap that. That is something that we've not done before.

Month:

National Blueberry Month

National Anti-Boredom Month

National Hot Dog Month

National Ice Cream Month

Individual Days:

1 Build A Scarecrow Day - first Sunday in month

1 Canada Day

1 Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day

1 International Joke Day

2 I Forgot Day

2 World UFO Day

3 Compliment Your Mirror Day

3 Stay out of the Sun Day

4 Independence Day (U.S.)

4 National Country Music Day

4 Sidewalk Egg Frying Day- Hmmmm, I wonder why!?!

5 Work-a-holics Day - even though everyone is on holiday

6 National Fried Chicken Day

7 Chocolate Day

7 National Strawberry Sundae Day

8 Video Games Day

9 National Sugar Cookie Day

10 Teddy Bear Picnic Day

11 Cheer up the Lonely Day

11 World Population Day

12 Different Colored Eyes Day

12 Pecan Pie Day

13 Barbershop Music Appreciation Day

13 Embrace Your Geekness Day

13 Fool's Paradise Day

14 Bastille Day

14 Pandemonium Day

14 National Nude Day

15 National Ice Cream Day (third Sunday of the month)

15 Tapioca Pudding Day

15 Cow Appreciation Day- Go out and give a cow a hug

17 Peach Ice Cream Day

17 Yellow Pig Day

18 National Caviar Day- something's fishy here

19 National Raspberry Cake Day

20 Moon Day

20 Ugly Truck Day- it's a "guy" thing

21 National Junk Food Day

22 Hammock Day

22 Parent's Day - fourth Sunday in July

22 Ratcatcher's Day

23 National Hot Dog Day

23 Vanilla Ice Cream Day

24 Amelia Earhart Day

24 Cousins Day

25 Culinarians Day

25 Threading the Needle Day

26 All or Nothing Day

26 Aunt and Uncle Day

27 Summer Olympics - every 4 years

27 Take Your Pants for a Walk Day

28 National Milk Chocolate Day

29 National Lasagna Day

30 National Cheesecake Day

30 Father-in-Law Day

31 Mutt's Day

Count me in this round, please, Carla.

Theme suggestion: How about a color theme, red, white and blue for the 4th as well as the Queen's Jubilee. (Sorry Belle, I know you hate that combo!) I do like the faimly theme, as well.

Family sounds good, Carla, or anything suggested so far. There have been a lot of beach & pool themed layouts lately which were very refreshing with this heat wave. Whatever you go with is good. I will participate again.

I kinda like that idea, Carol. I don't think we've ever done a "free for all" kinda theme before....

Updated the first post with participants. Let me know if I missed anyone!

Archived