Help...trouble With A Image

countrydi

I have a image that I want to add to my slideshow on my digital frame but it is a "paint shop pro photo x2 image" now I know I have turned

these into a jpeg before many times and used them in my frame but no matter what I do, it stays the image. I have made a new document and placed the image on it and merged

and saved as a jpeg but it still says its a "paint shop pro photo x2 image". This was in PSE 9. I even went into the program Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 and tried using that program to do it

and got the same results. I have tried so many different things only for it to still be a "paint shop pro photo x2 image" after I have it saved. It's crazy or maybe I am??

I know I'm overlooking something that is probably very simple. I just can't remember.

Thank you for any help you can give

Oh my goodness, I just went through my pictures folder, and my laptop is making EVERYTHING including my pictures from my cameras "paint shop pro photo x2 image". Now I am completely lost.

Open up your pictures folder. Right click on a JPG, then choose properties. You should see where it shows the file type and the default program for that file. Does it show PSPX2 as the default program for a JPG? If so, change that! (My computer has the Windows Picture & Fax viewer as the default for JPGs.)

Also, try opening up PSP. Go to File > Preferences > File Type Associates. See what files are checked. Uncheck JPG. You can also make sure that PNG and PSD files are unchecked, if you dont use PSP as your main program anymore. (I have those two file types associated with PSE)

Thank you so much Tiza....I had to change something in the control panel also (via my techie son) and then I did the things you told me and it's all fixed now! You don't know how happy I am.

I was so worried when I seen everything was a paint shop pro photo x2 image". It's all good now. Again THANK YOU SO MUCH! You really helped me out. I would not have slept tonight thinking I messed up all my pictures somehow too.

Me too Theresa! I wouldn't have slept tonight not knowing what happened to all my pictures. Laptops and programs are great but one or two little things off and it messes everything up!

Super Tiza to the rescue with her "Super Suit" on:) Glad you're good to go now Di!

Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

No, it's Super Tiza! :superhero:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived