Thoughts On A Pa Meet Up

I know the hotels in the King of Prussia area are not cheap but if we expand out to hotels in areas such as Pottstown, they will probably be much cheaper. Some of the hotels that I am thinking of most likely don't have any type of conference room to rent though. I think that we really need to narrow down the dates though first. So for all those that would like to attend, please let me know the dates you are available. Hopefully everyone will come back with at least one match on a weekend we can go with. Since we are definitely going to have the meet up in this area, please include the dates and also if you won't need any type of lodging because you live close to this area and will travel back and forth from home. Most places you call for rooming rental prices want to know the dates first.

Thanks,

I'm in Pittsburgh but what the heck, I'd probably come if I could. Just depends on the weekend I guess. I know for the Ohio/MI one I attended last year, we all shared rooms which helps cut down on expenses. I'd help do something if I can . . .

I'm in Pittsburgh but what the heck, I'd probably come if I could. Just depends on the weekend I guess. I know for the Ohio/MI one I attended last year, we all shared rooms which helps cut down on expenses. I'd help do something if I can . . .

Thanks Dianne. I have to hear back from everyone on their weekends that are available before I can really do anything else and I haven't heard back from anyone yet; so I don't know...

I am southwest of you on the Ohio/WV border. Maybe we could meet up somewhere and carpool.

Thanks Dianne. I have to hear back from everyone on their weekends that are available before I can really do anything else and I haven't heard back from anyone yet; so I don't know...

The only week-end I can do in September is 9/21-9/23. In October, I cannot do 10/12 - 10/13 and in November I cannot do 11/2 - 11/4.

I was checking my schedule for possible dates for the PA meet. Looks like September is out. I have two Diabetes Walks scheduled in October and a Trolly Tour also, so that takes care of three weekends. First weekend in November is out due to the annual Fall Foliage Cruise up the Hudson. Doesn't leave much spare time.

Ok, so I have heard back from Karen, Carol, and Sarah so far. I was hoping to have it before it gets to cold but whatever works best for as many people as possible is really the most important. No one mentioned anything for August which I can understand because August 1st is this Wendnesday already. Carol, I'd really like you to be able to attend if you'd like. I can see that your schedule is very busy though.

How does the last weekend of August look for those that want to attend? That would be August 31st, September 1st, & September 2nd.

It looks like the only other weekends wouldn't be until November so that Carol can attend. Those would be the weekends of November 9th or the weekend of the 16th. We are getting close to the Thanksgiving holiday around that time though.

I would still like to hear back from Becca, Elisha, Sara, Theresa, Di and anyone else that would like to attend. Again if for instance everyone can make it on 1 particular weekend in say September except for just 1 person, we would definitely go will that weekend of coarse because that would obviously be the best for almost everyone. That is really what I am trying to figure out and do if at all possible.

Ok, so I have heard back from Karen, Carol, and Sarah so far. I was hoping to have it before it gets to cold but whatever works best for as many people as possible is really the most important. No one mentioned anything for August which I can understand because August 1st is this Wendnesday already. Carol, I'd really like you to be able to attend if you'd like. I can see that your schedule is very busy though.

How does the last weekend of August look for those that want to attend? That would be August 31st, September 1st, & September 2nd.

It looks like the only other weekends wouldn't be until November so that Carol can attend. Those would be the weekends of November 9th or the weekend of the 16th. We are getting close to the Thanksgiving holiday around that time though.

I would still like to hear back from Becca, Elisha, Sara, Theresa, Di and anyone else that would like to attend. Again if for instance everyone can make it on 1 particular weekend in say September except for just 1 person, we would definitely go will that weekend of coarse because that would obviously be the best for almost everyone. That is really what I am trying to figure out and do if at all possible.

Did you realize that is Labor Day Week-end? I can't do that week-end, but if everyone else can, you should go ahead.

Did you realize that is Labor Day Week-end? I can't do that week-end, but if everyone else can, you should go ahead.

No, I didn't realize it was Labor Day weekend. We'll just take that weekend off the table than because I am sure it isn't going to be a good weekend for most people. Thanks for the heads up.

been watching this thread - I'm out of town now, but will check my schedule when I get home. It's gonna get pretty packed after august.

Weekends after August thru December are practically impossible for me. One of my daughters dances in a Nutcracker performance in Williamsport. Those rehearsals fall on Saturdays and cannot be missed.

But depending on where you all get together at and if there's room for some Sunday visiting time, I may able to come in for one day.

I just realized that the weekend of November 16th is out for me also. My birthday is on the 18th. So I guess I'll have to pass on the Meet Up. But if you gals plan on one in the Spring, let me know.

With my severe health issues and all my new restrictions and maybe a possible upcoming surgery, it's not looking good for me to be able to travel that far and afford anything at that time. maybe in the sping, if yous decide to have another. If I'm doing better, I'd even help plan it. I'm sorry.:sorry:

As of now it is only looking like Karen, Becca, Sarah, Elisha, Dianne, and myself.

Becca and Elisha expressed concerns that they very well might be to busy to attend any meetups after August, through to the new year.

So to Karen, Sarah, and Dianne, can you do any weekends in August? I know that doesn't give us much time to plan but we are all relatively close (no flying is needed). Obviously this up coming weekend is out. So we would only have 8/10-8/12; 8/17-8/19; or 8/24-8/26.

To Becca and Elisha, if none of those 3 weekends in August work for all the others, can you do one of the following 3 weekends in September: 9/7-9/9; 9/14-9/16; or 9/28-9/30?

If Becca and Elisha can both make the same weekend; Karen, Sarah, and Dianne - are you all open to any of these weekends in September?

If neither of these work for everyone, I think it would be best to postpone it until the Spring. I was really hoping that more members would want to attend but maybe this is just a bad time of the year and more members will be able to attend in the Spring.

I also feel sad for all those that have never been (but would like to) to this area of PA during the fall season. We are actually ranked (within the top few) one of the best and most beautiful places known for our fall foliage/season. I have lived here all my life and it's simply breathtaking.

Patty, we are going on a road trip one of the weekends you mentioned (going to Illinois) but I mentioned this meet to dh and he says maybe, if nothing else, we could take a detour and at least stop there for a little while. We'd most likely be in our camper and I wouldn't be able to stay for the weekend but would love to stop by and spend a little time with everyone - I'd so love to meet everyone! I've wanted to go to a meet for so long. Once you get the dates figured out for sure I can see what I can do. I've been to that part of PA and you are right, it is so beautiful that time of year. Just don't know how far out of the way it would be for us, but we like to travel and take out of the way detours so maybe I might be able just to stop and say hello and meet everyone. It's kind of up in the air right now, but I'll see what I can do.

No promises til I know a definite date but just know that I'd love to come too! Once all the details are ironed out I can make a decision and start talking it up to Rich. It sounds like such fun and I'd love it. I'll keep watching the thread and see what happens!

Looks like the rest of August is pretty much out - commitments on the 11th and the 25th - and I think we're gonna try to get one last family trip over the weekend of the 18th.

September's a possibility - I have a commitment on the 15th, but 9/7-9/9 or 9/28-9/30 might work.

I wonder if spring might be better though... I do have a lot on my plate this fall.

Crazy how busy everyone is isn't it. Since I last posted availabilty, that has all changed. My daughter and her family are coming home one week-end in September; they are having my DGs chrisening another week-end; I forgot his birthday week-end in October. August is not good for me either. So spring is looking better. Maybe if we pick a date now, everyone can get it on their calendars for spring.

It doesn't look like we will be able to pull it off for fall. It's not enough notice, most already have plans, and it just doesn't look like the majority of those that want to attend have any one weekend (Friday-Sunday) available at the same time.

So can we plan a Spring meetup? This way, we can plan early for deals being offered and discounts. I really believe that we should still come up with a date now though, as soon as possible. Then everyone can mark their calenders in advance. Once we have the date, we can take the time and things to consider: sharing rooms, booking a conference room, food, interests in any type of site seeing such as a walk through Valley Forge Park for pictures. Just a thought and it doesn't cost anything. Maybe someone will see something online that they would like to see. I believe that King of Prussia Mall is actually one of the biggest malls in the US. We will need to know what times members will arrive on Friday if we want the conference room for Friday and what time everyone is leaving on Sunday. I was thinking conference room for Friday and Saturday, and maybe pictures some where on Sunday. That is just my thought but would love to hear what others are thinking and would like. I hope more members will join us since we are waiting until Spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry - I am bad about not watching topics and forgetting to check them. I agree, maybe spring is better. If we nail down a date, we can start planning in earnest. Maybe sometime in March or early April? Once we get past Easter, things start to snowball. When Ii went to the MI/OH/PA one, we arrived Friday afternoon, set ourselves up in the conference room, and just went at it until late Saturday evening! Check-in is usually 2 or 3pm so 2 days reserved should be sufficient. We checked out Sun am but most of us hung around to chat a bit, Lei led a little devo time for those interested, and I'd say we were all on our way by noon-ish. Not that we'd have to do the same but just to give you an idea what worked. :) Thanks for tackling this, Patty. Am happy to help as I can. I love traveling around PA and would love to met some other PA ladies!

• 4 months later...

I'd love it if we could have a meet down South! I know we have quite a few Southern gals on here that are fairly close together! :disappearing-smilie:/>

I'd try to meet if it was closer to us southern girls. (although I'm not far from PA, I hate all the traffic through Dc, etc.):lol:/>

Me too for PA. I don't know if I could afford a weekend trip but depending on where in PA it is, I could come for a day. I will be watching this thread ladies!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm willing to do anything I can to help but never planned one before. There were a few members that did state they would be interested in attending but to busy to do any of the planning last year. Maybe some of those members have more free time now to help plan something for the spring. I'm thinking King of Prussia might be a good location for hotels and conference rooms plus Valley Forge Park is right their for great photos.

Archived