Princess Magic

Deb C.

I have a picture of my granddaughter holding her wand up in the air. I'd like to make it look like she has waved her wand around and creating magic. I found Sparkle Trails and Spellbound. My questions: 1. Which one of these products would work better (I've never used brushes yet). Or is there a better one I didn't find? and 2. When I use this product, will it look sparkly or will I need to do something else to it (like add glitter?) to make it look sparkly and magic-looking?

Secondly, do you have any suggestions as to what alpha to use? I was thinking of using something like Princess Power or something like that.

Appreciate any help you can give me. Just thought I better get going so I can use that cool coupon in the blog.

Thanks.

Deb

Hi, Deb...

Don't know if this is EXACTLY what you're after, but I remember Cheri Thieleke wrote a good article in the July 4th newsletter about making a "sparkler" trail on her LO. It might be able to work for your magic wand trail. It definitely has sparkle to it!

Check out this link on the Blog:

http://www.scrapgirls.com/NL/SG_News_120704_Wed_Summer.html

Scroll thru the newsletter and get to the 4th of July article, then keep scrolling b/c it's her second LO that has the sparkler trail. She mentions two products that she used: Brush Set: Wisp Alpha Super Biggie and ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Glow 8501 Biggie.

See if her LO looks like what you want.

Hope that helps!

Cindy

When I use the Spellbound brush, I use a glitter style with it too. I haven't played with the sparkle trails template, but

This brush has a coordinating glitter style - Dynamic Brush Set: Star Bright Biggie

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Star Bright 5001

And there are some already made sparkles too... Star Bright Embellishment Biggie

Thank you ladies. I already have the Glow 8501 style that Cindy mentioned (even though I haven't tried it yet), so I went with the Spellbound brush.

I just now downloaded it so I'm off to see if I can make it work.

Deb

• 5 months later...

The Sparkle Trails are .png files and when I try to use them the sparkles are dark grey. A couple of other threads mention that they might be brushes and maybe the user should apply an action when someone else had the same problem, but they seem to be embellishments. I did read the Fourth of July link and it just mentions what products she used, not how she did it. Anyone out there have an insight? I would love to be able to use them.

The Sparkle Trails are .png files and when I try to use them the sparkles are dark grey. A couple of other threads mention that they might be brushes and maybe the user should apply an action when someone else had the same problem, but they seem to be embellishments. I did read the Fourth of July link and it just mentions what products she used, not how she did it. Anyone out there have an insight? I would love to be able to use them.

I'm not familiar with the Sparkle Trails and they appear to be retired. However, Spellbound is definitely a brush. Many designers include the PNG file as well as the brush file. You can place the PNG directly on your layout like you would an embellishment, however you'll need to do something to it if you want something other than black. You can apply a style like April was talking about. You can clip a paper to it. You could do a pattern overlay or a color overlay. Keep asking questions. We're more than willing to keep helping. :)

Archived