How Do I Use Photo Masks?

I'm not new, but I am. I used to digital scrapbook ages ago, but then my daughter spilled water on my macbook and that was the end of my scrapbooking. I've got a new MBA now (yay!) so am getting back into it...

I downloaded the PhotoMasks Basics, but there are no instructions with it? I thought they used to come with instructions? Anyhow, can someone tell me how to use them (I've forgotten pretty much everything) or point me to a tutorial please? I'm using PSE 10 :)

TIA

Here's a post that may help: Photo Masks.

Also, you may want to try the suggestion that the designer included on the product page: ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Photo Masks Basics

"Includes Six Photo Mask Templates that are designed to either be used alone or stacked on top of one another to create a different look. Try using the bottom mask with a solid color (or clip a paper to it) and clip a photo to the top layer (as shown in sample)" HTH

Thank you so much Teecee! Mind if I ask you another question? How do you make a charm look like it's hanging off a chain?

I love doing this! There's a real easy technique - You just have to make your layers work for you. First bring your chain and your charm into your layout. With the charm layer above your chain layer, position the charm where you want it to be on the chain. Now duplicate your charm layer - you can duplicate it by right-clicking on your layer in the layers palette on the right of your workspace, and choosing "duplicate layer" from the fly out menu. Move the new charm layer below the chain layer. Now you have two charms, one right on top of the other, and the chain sandwiched in between. Here's the fun part. Activate the top charm layer and erase just a little bit over the chain. Now it should look like your charm is on the chain!

This is just the method I used to hang my charms in the layouts I did for my Teal Zeal Collection.

EBA_Collection_TealZeal_MKTG_300.jpg

Thanks so much Elisha! I have your Teal Zeal collection and love it! Your technique worked perfectly :)

:D Thanks! So glad to be able to help.

Archived