New To Blog

ShadowsGurl

Hi everyone,

I am not new to scrapbooking but still on the learning curve for digital scrapbooking (but I have put together a few pages and had so much fun doing them). My user name is ShadowsGurl (my DH's nickname). I am a Mom to two beautiful teenage girls, one off to college this fall, and so have many years/memories to scrapbook.

I am also interested in putting together a book with all the photos I have collected over the last twenty years while researching my family tree (over 1300 people). So I am definitely interested in any suggestions you have.

Teresa

Hi Teresa! :waving-hi: Welcome to Scrap Girls.

1300 people? Wow! Do you have details for each person? I've never done a heritage album. I'm sure some gals will come along with some suggestions.

Welcome to ScrapGirls!! Isn't learning digital great fun???

WOW-1300 people is a lot. I think it is awesome you have traced that many!! I'm anxious to hear what pointers you get on this!

Hi Teresa, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! We're glad you've joined this happy purple place. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for your book, but I'm sure there will be some others coming along soon with some ideas for you. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums and seeing some of your creations in the gallery. :)

Welcome. I see you will keep very busy catching up on all your photos. That's a pretty impressive family tree. There are people who do a lot of what we call heritage scrapping. Check out the gallery & keep an eye on the calendar - there is a chat every month on this topic.

Welcome to Scrap Girls.waving-hi.gifwelcome2.gif

Wow, that's a large family tree. My only suggestion is to start with those you know the best and work your way out.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us! Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

The Scrap Girls boutique has lots and lots of wonderful collections that work beautifully for Heritage layouts. If you search "Heritage," "Vintage," or "Antique," you will get lots of wonderful suggestions.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Special thanks to CRS for the info about the crop on August 16th, will definitely check it out.

Teresa

Hi, Teresa.... Welcome to Scrap Girls! I am working on a much smaller heritage album, and I am learning, too. I have a lot of scans and am working on getting them in order. I am also trying to get the stories from the elder members of the family. Putting it all together and making a large photo book that we can order multiple copies of is my goal before the next family reunion.

Cindy

Hi Teresa - Welcome to Scrap Girls! We are so happy that you are here and I hope everyone will be able to give you lots of helpful tips and pointers on your digital scrapbooking and your heritage album. Thanks is an amazing undertaking - it must be so fun to learn about all of those people!

Archived