Mountain Lion

SandiC.

I'm considering a Mac so I'm reading all these Mac forums with interest. However, being a current PC user, can someone educate me as to what Mountain Lion is? Operating system? Organizing system? Photo editing software? I'm in the dark.

Going to Best Buy today to investigate an iMac desktop purchase.

I'm considering a Mac so I'm reading all these Mac forums with interest. However, being a current PC user, can someone educate me as to what Mountain Lion is? Operating system? Organizing system? Photo editing software? I'm in the dark.

Going to Best Buy today to investigate an iMac desktop purchase.

Mountain Lion is the operating system. Somehow Apple has take to naming their series of OS by wild critters. I don't know what the series was before leopard, I came to Mac with Snow Leopard, then Lion and now Mountain Lion. I guess because these systems are crazy wild and powerful. LOL. Keep considering Amy, Mac rocks!

• 2 months later...

I recently upgraded my 2 year old iMac from Snow Lepeard to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Nothing but trouble. Even tho everything was backed up by Carbonite, I lost many Mail folders, incl. much genealogy and my accounts. I am still weeping. I am working with a tech and he is helping me with a lot of small things that are happening. Kind of sorry I changed.

Lynn (mrh)

I recently upgraded my 2 year old iMac from Snow Lepeard to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Nothing but trouble. Even tho everything was backed up by Carbonite, I lost many Mail folders, incl. much genealogy and my accounts. I am still weeping. I am working with a tech and he is helping me with a lot of small things that are happening. Kind of sorry I changed.

Lynn (mrh)

Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry you had so much difficulty and lost so many files! I can't imagine why you would have lost files upgrading to Mountain Lion though. I'm just glad you have a techie to help you figure it all out.

Archived