Pentathlon Event

Are you up for a pentathlon?! Don't worry, only your scrapping skills need to be in tip-top shape for this one. We will build our layout task by task, day by day.

Each day a team member will post a task for you to do on a layout. When your task is completed, you will post your layout thus far in your replies to this thread BEFORE the next task is posted the following morning. If you miss a day you may still participate but will not be eligible for the prize. The most challenging part is, once you have posted your page thus far, you may not change the position or appearance of anything on the page.

Instead of having 5 versions of each page in the anniversary gallery, we'd like you to place your first 4 versions as an attachment here in your posts on this thread. Save your images at 4 x 4 inches, 72 dpi (smaller than you would usually "save as" for web. In full editor, click on "attach photo", navigate to your layout image on your computer, then upload. Then click the "add to post" button. For the final day 5 completed layout, upload in the anniversary gallery for all to see!

Task 1: Place at least 2 photos on your page. You may crop them, enlarge them, present them as a circle – that's all good. Think carefully about placement; once you post your page thus far you may not change them later! AND Place at least 3 papers on your page. You probably need a background paper, maybe your photos need mats, maybe you want a border...the 3 papers can be any amount, any shape. We must be able to see them somewhere; they cannot be hidden.

Don't forget; you must post your page thus far before Task 2 is posted at 8am MT tomorrow morning! Post your layout in your reply on this forum thread. Please do not post your unfinished pages in the gallery.

Also, FYI: I personally will be without internet much of the day as I'm meeting some friends for lunch, etc 2 hours from here - if you need questions answered, make a status update on the main forum page if a team member doesn't see your question quickly in this thread.

Oh, oh, did I mention there will be a PRIZE?! ;) It's a goodie!!!!

And the winner is - daisies803!!! (By random draw.) You have won a $20 gift certificate to the Boutique. Contact Angie at prizes@scrapgirls.com and let her know what you have won and for which game. Congratulations.

Thanks to all the wonderful participants! We had 11 members do all five tasks. That's amazing - as are the finished layouts.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my layout after task one,

JRA_CollectionBiggie_Parterre_Paper,

JRA_PaperSuperMini_Parterre,

JRA_Super7Spread_12x12Parterre_PNGs,

Oh, this makes me nervous! I'm not a good one for commitment when it comes to creativity! :(

You may find that you are pleasantly surprised with the outcome!

(Or it's a mess you can laugh about. :giggle_bear: )

Okay, here we go...

Supplies so far:

Syndee Nuckles--SNU_SSEmb_CurledFrames-Creased, SNU_SSPaper_FoldCurl-6,

Laura Louie--LLO_BoyJoy_Paper_Lg Dots, LLO_BoyJoy_Paper_Dk Blue,

Ang Campbell--ACA_RoughTumble_Paper_Green

Oh, this makes me nervous! I'm not a good one for commitment when it comes to creativity! :(

LOL! I have a hard time with that too, Monica! Glad to see you've jumped in with both feet and joined the challenge! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I'm back from my marathon lunch and afternoon at the park 2 hours away from home:) 2 of my high school friends and I still meet up with our kids 1-2 times a year.

Anyway...

You've all been VERY busy while I was gone! I love seeing so many people doing the Pentathlon! Everything looks great thus far!

Archived