Summer Games Word Search

Today you get to do a Scrap Girls Summer Games Word Search!

Each person who sends in a completed Word Search by midnight Eastern Time Monday, July 30th will be entered into a drawing for one of 3 Scrap Girls Gift Certificates! You could win $3, $5, or $10 to use in the boutique.

There are two ways to play since some of you may not have scanners. Here's how you can join in the fun:

1. Right click on the image with your mouse and choose copy, then paste in into an editing program and print the game image. Circle all the words, scan the page, save it as a jpg and email it to games@scrapgirls.com with Word Search in the subject line by Midnight Eastern Time Monday, July 30th.

2. Right click on the image with your mouse and choose copy, then paste it into your graphics program. Use a brush or your favorite drawing tool to mark the words. You can simply draw a straight line through the word by clicking on the first letter, holding down the shift key and then clicking on the last letter. Once you have marked all the words, save it as a jpg and email it to games@scrapgirls.com with Word Search in the subject line by Midnight Eastern Time Monday, July 30th.

The words are in the puzzle are the sports included in the Summer Games and some others that you associate with the spectacle.

ARCHERY, ATHLETICS, BADMINTON, BASKETBALL, BOXING, BRONZE, CANOEING, CEREMONIES, CYCLING, DIVING, EQUESTRIAN, FENCING, FIELD HOCKEY, FOOTBALL, GOLD, GYMNASTICS, HANDBALL, JUDO, MEDALS, PENTATHLON, ROWING, SAILING, SHOOTING, SILVER, SWIMMING, TAEKWONDO, TENNIS, TRAMPOLINE, TRIATHLON, VENUE, VOLLEYBALL, WATER POLO, WEIGHTLIFTING, WINNER, WRESTLING

(I hope this is readable. My original file was corrupted but I had printed a copy so I scanned that. Sorry)

Our winners, chosen by random draw, are:

Gold - MariJ ($10 gift certificate)

Silver - AmandaOutsideTheBox - ($5)

Bronze - AnnBK - ($3)

Email Angie at prizes@scrapgirls.com and let her know what you have won and from which game.

Regular click on the image in the post. That will bring up a larger image. I'm on Firefox and when the larger image comes up, there is a button down in the right lower corner that says Save. Click on that and then you can save it or copy it to paste it into your editing program. When I do that it comes up at about 9x8 inches at 72 dpi.

HTH

Sara, did you LEFT click on the image first to get the larger sized image? After that comes up you can either RIGHT click or click on the little button that says SAVE. HTH

Oops! I'm feeling pretty dumb right now - when I right click and save as it saves the whole page! Still working on it.

Sara, I ended up clicking on the game card image, then when the larger version came up, clicked on "print" on the lower right hand corner. The printout was blurry, but workable.

My completed card is on it's way!

I just tried it in both Firefox and IE. I don't get a Print option in Firefox but I do in IE. In Firefox, I copied it to PSE to print from. I hope everybody can get it in one way or another. Thanks to everybody for your suggestions.

Oops! I'm feeling pretty dumb right now - when I right click and save as it saves the whole page! Still working on it.

Sara, I ended up clicking on the game card image, then when the larger version came up, clicked on "print" on the lower right hand corner. The printout was blurry, but workable.

Thanks, Ann. I'll give your way a try - so far, nothing else working for me.

I just tried it in both Firefox and IE. I don't get a Print option in Firefox but I do in IE. In Firefox, I copied it to PSE to print from. I hope everybody can get it in one way or another. Thanks to everybody for your suggestions.

Thanks, Pat - I have Safari and since Ann also has a Mac I should be able to do it her way - I haven't given up quite yet.

1343595697[/url]' post='1029957']

Sara, did you LEFT click on the image first to get the larger sized image? After that comes up you can either RIGHT click or click on the little button that says SAVE. HTH

No right/left clicking on Macs, use the ctrl key to accomplish a right click. I use Chrome, and it worked fine.

Ann, I just tried that and I still got the whole page printed out - but with the word search small. I did exactly what you did so I'm not sure why I can't get it. I'll think about it some more and see if I can come up with another idea. Guess I could always take a pic of it and do it that way? It's worth a try!

Pat, I just heard that in the past, you could only win one forum prize and one chat prize.

So......just to clarify for me.......if we have already won a forum prize, should we not participate in this game?

Thanks.

Deb C.

Archived