April Showers

August 2012 Forum Game

331 posts in this topic

One more today for a total of 3.

Marilyn - - still ZERO!!!????!!!

Are you sure you have the right list????? :disappearing-smilie::o

Just kidding - - here's a hug. :bighug:

3 for me - I know, control yourselves ladies, I am on a roll...

Round 2 Day 4

7. Beach Towel

31. Funnel Cake

41. Lounge chair

49. Pelicans

72. Tank Tops

I have 7! I missed the first round, but I got my words in so that I could start participating. I l o v e BINGO! :dancing-smilie:

WHOA! Watch out everyone! I added to my zero today and now have a grand total of THREE!!! :D

Yay Marilyn!! I just wanted to let you all know that I use a random generator to pick the words. I used to have my girls pick the numbers...maybe I should go back to that! I'll be posting today's words later on!

I up to 6! Marilyn, I'll be glad to lend you my words if you like. :rolleyes:

Haha! :D Ok, Diane - thanks! And Deb and Carla, too! I'm a sport - it's actually kind of funny so I just keep playing... In disbelief! :D

Round 2 Day 5

1. August

22. Cotton Candy

30. Friendship Day (August 5)

46. Palm trees

79. Water balloons

Ahem...

For all of you worried that I might run away with this game ---

I hold at "3".

:D

Marilyn, you're so funny!! :going-crazy:

I got one more today, so I now have a total of 8.

Marilyn, you're so funny!! :going-crazy:

I got one more today, so I now have a total of 8.

Thanks, Deb - it HAS actually gotten kind of hilarious as I look in disbelief at the words each day...

I keep thinking - I must be in some other game... But then again - there IS those three..............

Kinda fun to lose this badly!

:D

Poor Marilyn and Lena! At least you have a sense of humor about it!

Just checked mine, and I have 8 now. There must be someone who has a lot more than that.

i'm at 8 as well. although I think i might miss the rest of the round ... leaving for 5 days with no internet!

I´ve got 5.

I know it´s a bit out of topic but I have a doubt. In Argentina, Friendship Day is July 20th. ¿Why is it celebrated on August 5 in EEUU and how do you celebrate?

On July 20, 1969, Dr. Enrique Ernesto Febbraro, a psychology, philosophy, history professor, musician and dentist, was watching on TV the landing of the Apollo 11 on the moon, he promised himself that this would be Friendship Day.

Before the Apollo 11 returned to Earth, he sent a thousand letters to one hundred countries, and he recieved 700 responses.

Argentina is a country where the cult of friendship is revered. The phone lines collapse on July 20th every year, restaurants and bars are at full capacity, and this day it´s a celebration as importatant as Christmas or New Year Eve.

I´ve got 5.I know it´s a bit out of topic but I have a doubt. In Argentina, Friendship Day is July 20th. ¿Why is it celebrated on August 5 in EEUU and how do you celebrate?On July 20, 1969, Dr. Enrique Ernesto Febbraro, a psychology, philosophy, history professor, musician and dentist, was watching on TV the landing of the Apollo 11 on the moon, he promised himself that this would be Friendship Day.Before the Apollo 11 returned to Earth, he sent a thousand letters to one hundred countries, and he recieved 700 responses.Argentina is a country where the cult of friendship is revered. The phone lines collapse on July 20th every year, restaurants and bars are at full capacity, and this day it´s a celebration as importatant as Christmas or New Year Eve.

I don't know why or how these things came to be. I'm sure whoever made up the list of words just followed a googled calendar that had Friendship Day listed in August. It's interesting to read about Dr. Febbraro and the Apollo landing. I didn't know that!

Round 2 Day 6

16. Chocolate

29. Floating

47. Party

62. S'mores

82. Waves