August 2012 Forum Game

April Showers

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay Marilyn!! I just wanted to let you all know that I use a random generator to pick the words. I used to have my girls pick the numbers...maybe I should go back to that! I'll be posting today's words later on!

Marilyn, you're so funny!! :going-crazy:

I got one more today, so I now have a total of 8.

Thanks, Deb - it HAS actually gotten kind of hilarious as I look in disbelief at the words each day...

I keep thinking - I must be in some other game... But then again - there IS those three..............

Kinda fun to lose this badly!

:D

I´ve got 5.

I know it´s a bit out of topic but I have a doubt. In Argentina, Friendship Day is July 20th. ¿Why is it celebrated on August 5 in EEUU and how do you celebrate?

On July 20, 1969, Dr. Enrique Ernesto Febbraro, a psychology, philosophy, history professor, musician and dentist, was watching on TV the landing of the Apollo 11 on the moon, he promised himself that this would be Friendship Day.

Before the Apollo 11 returned to Earth, he sent a thousand letters to one hundred countries, and he recieved 700 responses.

Argentina is a country where the cult of friendship is revered. The phone lines collapse on July 20th every year, restaurants and bars are at full capacity, and this day it´s a celebration as importatant as Christmas or New Year Eve.

I´ve got 5.I know it´s a bit out of topic but I have a doubt. In Argentina, Friendship Day is July 20th. ¿Why is it celebrated on August 5 in EEUU and how do you celebrate?On July 20, 1969, Dr. Enrique Ernesto Febbraro, a psychology, philosophy, history professor, musician and dentist, was watching on TV the landing of the Apollo 11 on the moon, he promised himself that this would be Friendship Day.Before the Apollo 11 returned to Earth, he sent a thousand letters to one hundred countries, and he recieved 700 responses.Argentina is a country where the cult of friendship is revered. The phone lines collapse on July 20th every year, restaurants and bars are at full capacity, and this day it´s a celebration as importatant as Christmas or New Year Eve.

I don't know why or how these things came to be. I'm sure whoever made up the list of words just followed a googled calendar that had Friendship Day listed in August. It's interesting to read about Dr. Febbraro and the Apollo landing. I didn't know that!

I´m at 7!

Friendship Day celebrations occur on different dates in different countries. We all love our friends, obviously. :2468who-do-we-appreciate::)

The UN declared 30 July as official International Friendship Day, it was proposed by a Paraguayan foundation called World Friendship Crusade.

Thank you, Wikipedia! :)

Archived