Are Guys Welcome Too?

KelvinBVM

I know the name of the site is "Scrap Girls", but, hopefully, guys are welcome too. (I'm gay, so I really don't mind being "one of the girls" in any event.) tongue.gif I am 43, live in Omaha, NE. and am recently married to my partner of five years. He just started taking belly dancing lessons (of all things--I don't understand, but he seems to enjoy it), and I found myself in need of something to do a couple of evenings a week while he is out of the house.

I briefly took up candy making, which is a hobby that makes you very popular among your friends and co-workers, but my doctor objected being of the opinion that I am diabetic. I gave geocaching a brief go, but then realized that I neither enjoy wandering around in parks, nor, in fact, being outdoors at all.

I stumbled across the Scrap Girls site while surfing the web, looking for something else, I don't even remember what. Having a background in both photography and web design, and already owing Photoshop and a Wacom tablet, the start up costs were relatively low, and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun. (I was right.)

I chose for my first project to make a scrapbook for my Mom of photographs that she had taken during a recent trip to Oregon. I have done exactly one page, and am about to start on my second.

So, Hi.

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! I just looked at your layout and it's a great page! We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums. We have lots of friendly and helpful members here, so don't hesitate to ask questions if you need any help. :)

BTW, just in case you are interested, there is a link to a Scrap Guy blinkie here: ScrapGuy Blinkie

Welcome, Kelvin! We're so glad you found us! And I'm glad you got your blinkie.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

If you haven't done so yet, do download the free Narrative Collection and sign up for the newsletters on the homepage for 7 freebies each week. (by the way, there's a great sale on of travel collections, including some cool coast/beach ones). :)

497633alm620kgf6.gif

Kelvin, you have come to the right place to learn. Never be hesitant to ask for any help with your digital scrapbooking.

Welcome, Kelvin! (and as an engineer, I ESPECIALLY love your name!)

Yes, there are other scrap guys; the one I've seen most often on the boards is DaveUK. You can visit his profile under "Members," and see his layouts. You can even send a PM (private message) via the message board.

You're off to a great start; I look forward to seeing more layouts from you.

Hello Kelvin and Welcome to ScrapGirls :)

There is usually a pretty big learning curve when transitioning from traditional scrapbooking to digital scrapbooking no matter which program you decide on using. That is my opinion. So you are already ahead of the game, knowing Photoshop. It seems to me that most of the members on here use Photoshop or PSE. I am currently using PSE9/Windows Vista. There is usually some type of sale going on here at SG and for the next 2 days it happens to be 40% off Vacation, Beach, or Travel products. You should head over to the boutique and take a look. It's a grat way to start building up on your supplies. You found the best site for digital scrapbooking, everyone is extremely helpful and always happy to answer questions. Hope to see you around the forums.

Welcome, welcome, welcome, Kelvin!! Of course, Scrap Guys are welcome. I see you already have the Scrap Guy blinkie! Way to go!!

I'm in Omaha too!! If you haven't already, sign up for the Scrap Girls newsletter. Amy, one of our layout artists, did the tutorial in today's newsletter, (you can find a link to it on our home page) and she made mention of the get together we had here in Omaha in April. We had such a blast.

Welcome! Glad that you found us and are brave enough to jump in. This really, truly is the best scrapbooking site. Everyone is amazingly helpful and being international, there's just about always someone on the boards to answer questions. :daisy: Don't be afraid to ask!

Welcome! Some great advice already, so I'll just say I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forums & gallery. You may find yourself encouraging your partner to take another class (actually belly dancing sounds like fun) so you have more scrapbooking time. Just warning you.

Archived