Style Disappearing When I Try To Install It!
Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:25 PM
I'm about ready to tear my hair out. I bought several styles from Scrap Girls, and tried to install them. They all installed fine except for one. Here's the problem: If I don't create my own metadata file, it installs fine, and creates a new category as the name of the style. But I have a lot of styles so I've created my own category list. When I create a metadata file to add this style to my own category, the style simply disappears. It's not in the category I've told it to go into, and it's not its own category. I've tried doing it both manually (and yes, I've erased the media and thumbs databases) and using Add-o-Matic.
I don't get it! When I look in the layer styles folder, it's there. My metadata file is also there. All the other styles I bought are cooperating, and are in the categories I've designated. So why isn't it showing up?
Oh, I've also tried re-downloading to a different location from a different browser, just to make sure I didn't get a bad download. Still didn't work. ARGH!!
Can anyone help?
Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:32 PM
Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:38 PM
BTW I'm using PSE 9 in that helps.
Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:47 PM
Hopefully someone else will be along who will have some helpful info for you...
Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:48 AM
You stopped categorizing? How many styles do you have? I have over 200 so it would be a brutally long list.
Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:03 AM
Yes, I stopped categorizing when I switched from PSE 7 to PSE 9. I have approximately 115 installed, and the list is long, but I just scroll to what I want.
Hoping someone will come along with some help for you soon.
Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:26 AM
"Life is not the days that go by, but the days you remember"
Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:49 AM
Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:59 PM
Thank you everyone for trying to help. I just figured it out. I just noticed that when I created the metadata file, it was saving as a txt document instead of an xml file. Once I saved as an xml it worked fine.
Happy to hear you got it to work!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users