Style Disappearing When I Try To Install It!

MelissaBo13

Hi everyone,

I'm about ready to tear my hair out. I bought several styles from Scrap Girls, and tried to install them. They all installed fine except for one. Here's the problem: If I don't create my own metadata file, it installs fine, and creates a new category as the name of the style. But I have a lot of styles so I've created my own category list. When I create a metadata file to add this style to my own category, the style simply disappears. It's not in the category I've told it to go into, and it's not its own category. I've tried doing it both manually (and yes, I've erased the media and thumbs databases) and using Add-o-Matic.

I don't get it! When I look in the layer styles folder, it's there. My metadata file is also there. All the other styles I bought are cooperating, and are in the categories I've designated. So why isn't it showing up?

Oh, I've also tried re-downloading to a different location from a different browser, just to make sure I didn't get a bad download. Still didn't work. ARGH!!

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Hmmmm, I used to categorize my styles back when I used PSE 7 and Windows XP, but that was a long time ago. Since I switched to PSE 9 and Windows 7 I stopped categorizing them. I just use Add-O-Matic to install them, and I don't bother with categorizing any more. Sorry I'm not much help - I'm just really curious as to why one in particular is disappearing, especially if the others are ok. Could you tell us specifically which style is disappearing?

Hopefully someone else will be along who will have some helpful info for you...

Hmmm, I just can't imagine why you are having so much trouble with that one in particular.

Yes, I stopped categorizing when I switched from PSE 7 to PSE 9. I have approximately 115 installed, and the list is long, but I just scroll to what I want.

Hoping someone will come along with some help for you soon.

Thank you everyone for trying to help. I just figured it out. I just noticed that when I created the metadata file, it was saving as a txt document instead of an xml file. Once I saved as an xml it worked fine.

Happy to hear you got it to work! :)

Archived