Installing Glitter Style

NotAVampireLvr

Here are the instructions from page 178 and 179 of the ebook: Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook) for PSE versions 6-9, and I'm guessing PSE 10 is similar if not the same:

"If you are sure you’ve correctly installed the style, and they are still not showing up you will need to rebuild your database. This is done simply, so Photoshop Elements will recognize you newly installed items. To do this, delete the mediadatabase.db3 file which will be found in the following path:

In XP

C: > Documents and Settings> All Users > Application Data > Adobe > Photoshop Elements >YourVersion> Locale > en_us. In this folder you’ll see a file called

MediaDatabase.db3

In Vista/Windows 7

C: > ProgramData> Adobe > Photoshop Elements > YourVersion > Locale > en_us. In this folder you’ll see a file called MediaDatabase.db3,

right click on this file and choose “Delete” from the pop up menu and restart Photoshop Elements. This may take a few moments, but once it’s done you should be able to see the new items you installed." HTH

There is also a post here for installing styles in PSE 10 on a MAC: Post #27

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've added them to the right folder, deleted the file and still nothing. It seems like I've tried everything! Ready to give up at this point. So frustrating - I think its the one purchase I regret. eta: I think my problem is once I delete the metadata file adobe freezes up when trying to rebuild it.

I've added them to the right folder, deleted the file and still nothing. It seems like I've tried everything! Ready to give up at this point. So frustrating - I think its the one purchase I regret. eta: I think my problem is once I delete the metadata file adobe freezes up when trying to rebuild it.

HI, I've been wanting to install all those goodies also but am afraid. It sounds straight forward. Will watch you and see how it goes! Good Luck.

Is it just the new styles that don't load or the default ones too?

Thinking if the default loads then the problem is not the Mediadatabase file.

The metafile is an XML file that is included with some styles but not many. You use it to rename the styles so you can group them in your own way.

I use it to group all my SG styles by adding SG_ before the name.

But I had trouble loading one style. The reason I found out, was one letter wrong in the XML file. Can this be to any help?

Archived