Hello From Beautiful Alabama!

BrendaT

Hello, all! I have been a member of Scrap Girls for a little while – watching, admiring, and learning (and collecting supplies)! You all have a great fan here!

I’ve tinkered with PSE in the past, but in the past few months I’ve really made more of an effort to learn the program (shoving my daughter and husband off the computer long enough to do that is sometimes the hardest part!). My goal is to be proficient and able to easily produce what I see in my mind’s eye – not so easy just yet, but I’m getting there! I have a wonderful husband who is a graphic artist, and he’s a good teacher and “consultant” when I ask him what my layout needs. ;)

I made my first post to SG a few days ago, but hope to add more soon. I have, possibly, the most photographed child in Alabama – her friends come in a close second. She started her senior year in high school yesterday! I hope to “keep up” with the layouts as the photos are taken, and print a book for her and her friends for graduation. I hope the new friends I make here will keep me accountable and at work on this project!

Looking forward to being a part of the Scrap Girls community!

Brenda

Hi Brenda! Welcome to Scrap Girls!

I look forward to seeing you posting more on the forums and in the gallery!

If you need more help learning PSE, I encourage you to check out the downloadable video tutorial series...if you don't already have them:

Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop Elements - Downloadable version

MORE Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop Elements - Downloadable version

Hi Brenda :waving-hi: welcome to Scrap Girls! The video tutorials that Tiza mentioned are the best way I know to learn PSE. Also, don't hesitate to post questions in the forums. We have a very friendly bunch of people here who love to help. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around soon! :)

Hi Brenda and welcome to Scrap Girls! How cool that your husband is a graphic artist - it's always great to have someone critiquing our layouts - i love having mine critiqued! If you have any questions, ask away! Can't wait to see some of your layouts!

Hi, Brenda! Welcome to the forum! So glad you decided to take the plunge!

We have messageboard challenges every day Monday through Saturday, plus monthly challenges and club challenges. If you are even able to even a couple of those a week, you will amass more layouts than you thought possible. You might also check out the S G Project 2012 thread, where you can do a layout a week or a month summarizing what's going on. That might be a good way to capture the highlights of a senior year.

just don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

:)

513727mzfgbailft.gifBrenda

Thank you for introducing yourself. I am sure you will enjoy being more active here as this is a great place.

Hi, Brenda! We lived in Birmingham for six years...back in the 1990s. Beautiful state with wonderful people!

I'd encourage you to check out SG's Easy Page albums, AYO Zoom albums, and JIF pages. They can make your job of keeping up-to-date with your daughter's senior year much easier!

Welcome Brenda. I look forward to seeing your graduation album. Are you going to post pages along the way so we get to have a sneak peak? If you have any questions, just ask. Sounds like you are blessed with your creative husband. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived