Hello And Introduction (From Uk)

Kate Davis

Hello,

I've been getting the ScrapGirl emails for years and started buying items almost 2 years ago, but have not spent time in the forum previously.

I'm a mum of two (3 years and 9 months) and currently on maternity leave. I return to work in less than 2 months after almost a year away from work. I live near Oxford in UK. My scrapbooking goals are to produce a baby book for each child and to have a photobook comprising of scrap pages for each year; currently I've got a lot of work to do to achieve either of them. It would help if I took fewer pictures :D

However, I had a major achievement a few months ago when I completed a book for my father in law's birthday that consisted of 50 scrap pages describing a community garden he is heavily involved with. I am very pleased with the book and was very grateful for the scrapgirl subscription to get new items every month and templates to make it quicker. If you are interested you can read about it on, see a few pictures and flick through a virtual version of the book my blog.

This year I have also been confident enough to use scrapbooking to make a wedding present and birthday present, it produces such personal gifts.

I would love to know people's advice for finding time to scrapbook, how to make nice layouts quickly and any suggestions about my layouts.

Hi Kate waving-hi.gif welcome to Scrap Girls. I live in Yorkshire, but I used to live in Old Marston, Oxford, what a small world.

A great way to make layouts quickly is to use templates.

I live in Yorkshire, but I used to live in Old Marston, Oxford, what a small world.

I'm really a tyke (I don't know if there is a female version tykette??). I was born in Halifax and only left the area when I went to university and got a job.

I learnt to love templates making the book for my father in law and I've been buying some every time they are on sale. I've now got more than I've found time to use :)

HI Kate , Welcome to ScrapGirls! I am also on Maternity leave with my new daughter! Congrats. I find I have to sit alot since I am nursing the baby so I make us comfy and use the laptop to scrapbook while I feed her :) multitasking mama style! Templates, scraplifting, and Jiffy Pages may all help speed up the process too!

Hi Kate! Welcome to Scrap Girls! Sounds as if you have made some wonderful things for gifts because of your scrapping talents! I'll go have a look at your blog here in a few minutes! Hope you'll post some of your layouts on here for us to see as you begin to scrap more too!

So glad you dropped in to say, "Hi." Glad you're here. Sounds like you are already doing some great scrap projects. Finding time is always a problem, but I think you are on the right track when you use the templates and JIF kits. Will be looking for you around the site.

Welcome to the forum! We're so glad you joined in!

Sounds like you know your way around the Boutique and your software, so I'll just encourage you to post your layouts, and come and visit whenever you can!

:)

Welcome to the Forum Kate. Wow you have lots of goals and that's great. Baby steps and you will get there. Like the others say, Jif 6, Zoom pages, templates and scraplifting. As to how or when to find time, I'm not the one to help. I'm retired and never can find enough time to scrap. Hmmm, now I come to think of it, is there ever enough time??? Kay P.S. I was born in England but was only three when we came out to Australia.

Hello and welcome, Kate. We're very happy to have you join us on the message board.

Our son, who serves in the U.S. Air Force, was stationed at RAF Croughton for three years. He lived in Bicester. We got to visit him and his family in 2006. We stayed at a working farm B&B outside of Burford. Love the Cotswolds.

Hi Kate! Welcome to Scrap Girls. We are so happy to have you here with us! I love your community garden project - what a cool gift! My brother is very involved with a community garden in Chicago (he even won a "best of" prize presented to him by the mayor!) so I might have to borrow your great idea. Anyway, I hope you get lots of great advice on your layouts and find lots of fun and inspirational ideas here. Thanks for being a Scrap Girl!

welcome Kate, we were just in the UK three weeks ago for a family celebration...my hubby is from Birmingham but thankfully does not have the Brummy accent, LOL

so glad you have joined our forums, we love having new people join

please feel free to ask as many questions as you need, there will always be a wonderful someone to come along and answer your questions.

Hi and welcome to Scrap Girls. Good luck in transition back to work - I hope you can still find time to do some scrapping by using ideas and suggestions found here.

Welcome Kate. You have great goals that probably reflect those many of us have. Enjoy the journey. Achieving your goals is just like eating an elephant, one bite (layout) at a time. :)

Welcome Kate! SO glad you've joined us on the forum! You are quite remarkable to have gotten the book for your FIL with a 3 yo and 9 mo old. I look forward to seeing you around the board more!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kate and Welcome to ScrapGirls! Looking forward to seeing some of your fabulous layouts in the gallery!

Thank you. As it happens I've added my first layout, my son's thank you card, and it seems to be using one of your collections, Boy Joy that I love.

Archived