Hello From Va

Wanda Troupe

Good morning! I am basically a newbie digi scrapper. I love all the products here and am very excited about learning the ins and outs of digital scrapping. I know I have lots of information here to cover and hopefully help from the experts here. I'm currently using My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up! I see there are lots of instructions and tutorials on how to use the downloads in PS and PSE. Can anyone point me in the direction of incorporating the layered png files in MDS? I'm trying to figure out how to use the curled frames files. Thanks!

Wanda

Hi Wanda -- welcome to Scrap Girls!!!

I am sure someone will be along shortly to help figure out your program. If it supports PNG and JPG files you can use all of the kits here. You might consider a trial of Photoshop Elements. It is affordable and powerful and with it you could use ALL of the styles, brushes, shapes, templates and layered PSD files that you see in the Boutique. :)

Welcome to Scrap Girls!

I'm not familiar with that program, but like Jennifer said, if it supports PNG files you should be able to use the curled frames. You would open each of the individual PNG layers in your software, and then stack them in the right order. You can then clip your papers & photos to the layers.

I would suggest downloading a free trial version of Photoshop Elements to see if you like it. It's the more reasonably priced software from Adobe, and perfect for digital scrapbookers of all skill levels!! We also offer a whole series of learning videos for PSE and Photoshop:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/category/173/Learn-How-to-Digital-Scrapbook

There are two free ebooks in the boutique that are valuable resources as well:

15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook)

1 Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook)

HI Wanda, so nice to meet you! I am not familiar with that program either, I know at one point I looked at the Creative Memories software and it was very limiting as to what you could use and really you could only use their kits so I am not sure if Stampin UP is the same? PSE is my software of choice and it gives you so much freedom, you can use anyone's kits and it is affordable too!

Hi Wanda, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! I'm not familiar with the program you mentioned either, but Tiza and Shannon have given you some excellent advice. I also use Photoshop Elements and I love it. Hope we'll be seeing more of you around the forums and don't hesitate to ask questions. :)

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Wanda! Looks like you have already received some great info and suggestions. We have a very helpful group here so do not hesitate to ask away:) Looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery!

Welcome! I'm in the Richmond area of VA. Sorry, I may have tried that program once, but don't know anything about it. It's hard to find help with anything except Photoshop products.-_-

You will enjoy it here, anyhow.

Hi Wanda - Welcome to Scrap Girls! We are so happy to have you joining us and I hope we will be able to help you out with your software question. I'm afraid I join the ranks of those who don't know the answer to your specific questions. But I'm sure you will find lots of great information and friendly people here to help keep you inspired. We also sell video lessons (called Scrapbook Software Secrets Reveled) if you do decide to make the jump to Photoshop Elements.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I actually have PS-CS3. I bought MDS because it appeared pretty *** proof (and comes with a lot of product which is very helpful when starting from scratch) and while I know how to do some things in PS I haven't had any real training. It's not an easy program to figure out on your own - even with all the tutorials online. I found the directions for using the curled frames in PS. I guess if I have to I can use those files in PS and save as a jpg to use on layouts in MDS. Yes, MDS does support png files. It's getting the files in the right order and trying to figure out how to clip or merge them together that's stumping me. I'll keep working on it though.

There is a version of Software Secrets for Scrapbooking for PS. That's an amazingly powerful program, and well worth learning, when you are ready.

Anyway, welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us! Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Welcome to ScrapGirls! We are so glad you are here! I remember in the beginning how frustrating it was to learn! All those layers were confusing to me!! I finally bought Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop - Downloadable version and was amazed at how simple the videos were to follow. It starts from the very beginning. I highly recommend them. My only regret is that I didn't buy them right away!! I tried to learn on my own...and well, that didn't work out so well!!

Don't hesitate to ask questions!!

Welcome to Scrap Girls Wanda. You have found a friendly and supportive place to learn more digital scrapbooking. Don't put to much pressure on yourself with learning, take small steps and enjoy the journey. :)

Archived