Sheets And Individual Png's

KelvinBVM

When I purchase a collection, and it comes with both sheets of embellishments/alphabets, and individual png's, do I need to keep both the sheets and the individual png's? Is there any advantage to keeping one, the other, or both?

TIA

The sheets of embellishments/alphas are helpful if you are paper scrapping. You can print out the whole sheet and cut out what you want. I use the individual png files for digi-scrapping so I only have to load the specific ones I want for my layout. I keep both because sometimes it's easier for me to check the sheet of embellishments for one I want instead of looking through the whole file.

It's all a matter of choice, I guess!

When I purchase a collection, and it comes with both sheets of embellishments/alphabets, and individual png's, do I need to keep both the sheets and the individual png's? Is there any advantage to keeping one, the other, or both?

TIA

I like sheets to preview alphas in particular, because I can see the true relative proportions. When I scan a folder of individual pngs, which shows each png in the same size "box," characters such as M's and W's are scrunched compared to an I.

I agree - the sheets are a great reference. I use Picasa to organize my supplies - and it does a great job of searching. Since "sheet" is part of the file name, often I will use a search string that includes that word. So if I want to get a quick look at all the embellishments in a collection, I'll search for say "visionary emb sheet" and just the embellishment sheets come up. And for alphas - if I'm not sure what I want to use, I'll search "alpha sheet" and get a quick look at all my alphas at the same time. It beats scrolling through loads of individual pngs.

Archived