Do Not Get Caught Like I Have Done!

A-M

Back in 2009 after a year of using PSE6 I wanted to dabble in some designing and so bought myself Photoshop CS3 through ebay because it was a good price as CS4 had not long been released.

I have been using that software for my digital software ever since and love using it.

Well, I had a little extra money because of the inheritance from my mother and thought I would buy the upgrade to CS6. Well, I ordered the upgrade through the Adobe site and downloaded what I needed to and went to register it and needed to put in the serial number from my CS3... found the old case from the CD I had bought all those years ago..... it did not work... tried a few times and thought I would contact Adobe Customer service.

They were great I got to chat online ( not in person ) - just like in our chat room - typing questions and responses.

Well after sharing my serial number, I was informed it was not a correct serial number. So what I had bought must have been pirated software.

Now I am unable to upgrade which is disappointing but thankfully, Adobe are refunding me my money that I paid for the upgrade.

So I advise everyone to just save up your money and only buy software from the proper resellers or direct from Adobe.

Anne-Marie, how disappointing that you were unable to upgrade your software, especially when you thought you were buying a licensed product. I am glad they refunded your upgrade purchase when it was discovered you couldn't use it.

What a disappointment, Anne-Marie! I'm so happy that Adobe refunded your money - maybe now you'll have enough to buy the REAL Adobe version? What a shame that there are people out there who pirate software - it just isn't right.

I'd heard of this happening before. And Adobe is an honest company. I've always bought direct from them. It just hasn't been worth the angst of being ripped off. I'm so sorry that you were Anne-Marie. Don't you just hate not being able to trust everybody.

A good lesson for us all. I have always been suspect of those "too good to be true" deals on eBay....you're always better off in the long run buying from the source, in this case Adobe. Sorry for the frustration, but glad Adobe came through for you.

So sorry to hear about what happened to you Ann Marie. But glad that Adobe was nice enough to refund you your money. You do have to be careful of whom you buy from on eBay. I got stuck a couple of times. However, I did buy PSE8 on eBay and it was a good serial number.

Archived