sloan78

994331xpxvrjrsyq.gif

Suzanne, nice to have you here.

What software do you already use? This may help us know what to suggest.

Welcome, Suzanne! We're glad to have you here.

If you are talking about extracting an object (or person) from a background, Photoshop Elements has some great automated tools that I have found very helpful. Sometimes though, if the background is quite complicated, I end up just erasing around the object, using a smaller and smaller eraser brush as I get close to the detail of the object.

Hi Suzannewaving-hi.gif Welcome to Scrap Girls. welcome2.gif

I use PSE10 and it does a good job of extracting objects from a photo, but like Pat says complicated backgrounds really need to be done by hand.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, and yes I want to take an object out of a photo and add my own designs like backgrounds and embellishments! I have photo impact6, photo pos pro, snipping tool but just can't figure all this out!Don't really have alot of funds to explore with a good program..

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, and yes I want to take an object out of a photo and add my own designs like backgrounds and embellishments! I have photo impact6, photo pos pro, snipping tool but just can't figure all this out!Don't really have alot of funds to explore with a good program..

Hi Suzanne, I'm not familiar with the programs you mention, but a I do know there is a free program called Gimp. We have some Gimp users here at Scrap Girls and many (though not all) Scrap Girls products can be used with it. Here are some threads about it:

Gimp Software

Gimp Users

About Gimp

HTH :)

Hi Suzanne and welcome to ScrapGirls! As many others have said, PhotoShop Elements seems to be a great selection. They do run specials from time to time where it's 50% off. I also have a friend that just bought a Bamboo tablet (the Create I think) and it came with a full-working version of Phtoshop Elements 9. That's slightly out of date, but it is a full (not trial) version of the software. Just another option for you to check out!

Hi Suzanne, I'm not familiar with the programs you mention, but a I do know there is a free program called Gimp. We have some Gimp users here at Scrap Girls and many (though not all) Scrap Girls products can be used with it. Here are some threads about it:

Gimp Software

Gimp Users

About Gimp

HTH :)

Suzanne, another great free program that is very similar to photoshop/ photoshop elements is Paint.net. It lets you add things to the program that Gimp doesn't. And it resizes/ crops better than photoshop. :D Getpaint.net is where you can find it. There is a forum for help and add ons, and I have used it for 5 years- so you can ask me if you need help! I like extracting in it much better than my PSE10.

Archived