Adobe Creative Cloud

KatieGrace

I got an offer to join Adobe Creative Cloud. I don't know anything about it or how it works. It appears to be a subscripion, but for what? Has anyone done this and do you like it?

The subscription is $49-ish a month, and gives you access to the latest version of all of the Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Lightroom, Premier, After Effects, etc.), via download. I am a subscriber, and use Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom. For me, it works because, while I can afford $50 a month, I never seem to be able to come up with $700 all at once for Photoshop. Adobe also has a "cloud" which is online storage for your PSD, etc. files, and access to that comes along with the subscription.

You do have to download the software; if you have a slow internet connection that could take a while. If you only own one Adobe product (like Photoshop), then just buying it outright and upgrading it every year is going to be a bit cheaper than the subscription, and, of course, you don't have to update it. If you own/use two, the subscription is cheaper, again assuming you update regularly. You can install the software on two computers that you personally use (like a desktop and a laptop).

I love it; it works very well for me. YMMV.

Kelvin

I got an offer to join Adobe Creative Cloud. I don't know anything about it or how it works. It appears to be a subscripion, but for what? Has anyone done this and do you like it?

The subscription is $49-ish a month, and gives you access to the latest version of all of the Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Lightroom, Premier, After Effects, etc.), via download. I am a subscriber, and use Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom. For me, it works because, while I can afford $50 a month, I never seem to be able to come up with $700 all at once for Photoshop. Adobe also has a "cloud" which is online storage for your PSD, etc. files, and access to that comes along with the subscription.

You do have to download the software; if you have a slow internet connection that could take a while. If you only own one Adobe product (like Photoshop), then just buying it outright and upgrading it every year is going to be a bit cheaper than the subscription, and, of course, you don't have to update it. If you own/use two, the subscription is cheaper, again assuming you update regularly. You can install the software on two computers that you personally use (like a desktop and a laptop).

I love it; it works very well for me. YMMV.

Kelvin

Thanks, Kelvin. Does it work like a trial of software where you can't access it once the trial period is over?

Yes there is a 30 day trial for every program that's included in Creative Cloud. You have to sign up for the free cloud to get access. Then you can choose the subscription or just uninstall the programs you tested.

I've tested Photoshop and Muse so far and am really considering the subsciption. As Kelvin says, if you want more than one Adobe program it's worth it.

I also signed up for the Creative Cloud subscription.

If you currently own Adobe Photoshop CS3 or later (Adobe will tell you if you qualify), you can get in on the special offer of $29.99/month plus tax pricing for the first year of your Creative Cloud membership.

For me, it was cheaper to do it this way than upgrading Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Lightroom.

I am glad someone asked this question, too! I have the Creative Suite 5, which is PS, Illustrator and InDesign and I cannot update the components separately -- must update the whole suite. Is the Cloud an option/better option for me?

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I signed up for the subscription for a year. It took me a couple of months to make the decision, it's a lot of money after all. So now I have to really use all those programs. I'm gonnna need a new computer to download all of them!

Well I've done it. I've signed up for the free cloud and I'm trying all the programs that were on my wish list, I've got 30 days.

It's been a little over a month now, Valerie......do you like the programs? Think you'll continue your subscription?

Well I've done it. I've signed up for the free cloud and I'm trying all the programs that were on my wish list, I've got 30 days.

It's been a little over a month now, Valerie......do you like the programs? Think you'll continue your subscription?

I upgraded my subscription within a week of downloading, I love it. And as Matty needs 3 of the included programs to help with his school work, it's a really good deal. I just need to find a tutorial for Illustrator.

WTG Valerie! I'm so glad you like the programs! I had bought them all long before Creative Cloud came out so didn't need to take advantage of this offer but I think it's an awesome offer! I'll look for the link I had awhile back to a tut for Illustrator and send it to you.......might take me a bit but I'll get back to you.

I was confused as to what the Creative Cloud offered, but after chatting with a customer service rep, they stressed that it was a subscription, and when that subscription runs out, so do the "upgrades", etc. Kelvin was saying this exact thing in his post, but I was reading wishfully, thinking for a year's subscription I could upgrade all my programs then DL Dreamweaver, etc. *permanently*, lol. Still, it's an excellent deal but I need to evaluate whether or not I really need an upgrade or not. "If it's not broke . . . ." and all that, lol. :)

Congrats Valerie. You will have heaps of fun with your new toys, I mean work tools. I use Illustrator quite a bit so feel free to message me if you need help with something.

Durin, I agree. Upgrading, if it's not necessary is quite a dint in the budget, although I hear version 6 is quite something.

• 3 weeks later...

I sure like it!

Since I only had PSE and really wanted to play around with making my own styles and things I wanted PS. But it's way to expensive to buy first time.

I think if you start from zero it's a good deal, if you just need an upgrade from older PS versions it's too much money.

I haven't stored anything in the cloud yet but sure will.

Only downside (except for the fact that it costs a lot) is that most times I start PS it says my evaluation time is over and it must check on Internet that my subscription is valid. I thought that would only happen once a month. If my Internet is down I could be without PS that day (scary thought!)

Archived