Right after Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 3), we will be doing some maintenance to the database that runs our storefront (Boutique). This database is where all the Scrap Girls customer order histories are stored. We have been informed that after nearly eight years in business, this database has become unwieldy, and it is recommended that we take some actions to clean it up. Therefore, we will be deleting records older than June 1, 2007.
This update will affect you in several ways:
- In the past, we have always been able to help you if you had a tragedy, like losing your hard drive. After this maintenance is complete, we will only be able to look back five years to help you reconstruct what you had. Therefore, if you have products purchased before June 1, 2007, we strongly encourage you to spend some time this weekend backing up your product files.
- After this update is complete, you will only be able to see your order history for orders dated June 1, 2007, to the present. If you would like to keep your pre-June 1, 2007, order history, now is the time to copy/paste that history to another document or to print off any of those records. Once the maintenance is complete, Scrap Girls will have no access to these old order histories whatsoever.
- Additionally, as a result of the maintenance, any products remaining in your shopping cart will be cleared. All shopping carts will be emptied. If you like to store a bunch of digital scrapbooking products in your cart to remind yourself to buy them in the future, now is the time to make a list of those products - or better yet, just go ahead and check out and bring those products home!
Remember, before Labor Day (Sept. 3) is over:
- Back up your products purchased prior to June 1, 2007.
- Back up (make a copy of) your order history prior to June 1, 2007.
- Clear out your shopping cart.