September 2012 Forum Game

April Showers

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I have a new document and 3 photos. Actually, I have more than 3 but am not sure I want to use all of them on one page.

I'm not clear on whether we are already supposed to have created a layout with background papers etc. Step 1 was to create a "layout,", not to open a new document and place 3 or more photos on it.

???

Xana

You are building the layout with each step - so the new document (a "blank layout") with 3 photos is the start of your layout.

OK today's step completed. I have 2 papers Brandy Hackman's gorgeous buttered dots from Sweet Street Grunge Collection and Brandy Murry's lined paper from Shabby Bakery.

I have used a clipping mask to reveal some of the lined paper for journaling - hope I'm allowed to increase/decrease this reveal later in the challenge if I havent got it quite right.

So far -

Here is my layout so far through step three:

Supplies used so far: SG Autumn Collection Biggie -- Papers-ABR Stacked, ASO Leaves

I changed one photo to Sepia using PSE10 Sepia Tone Style

The photos were taken at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow New York, where Washington Irving author of 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' is buried.

Technology disaster struck on Sunday and I have had to get a new computer. So I've spent the majority of the last 2-3 days reinstalling software. Thank goodness for backups. But I'm running behind on this week's challenge! Hoping I can catch up by tomorrow...I think I have most everything back up and running software-wise. On the positive side, my new machine is nice and fast and has a bigger screen, so all is not bad.

#4 Step 3 completed. I used two paper from STI_Joyous - the background I felt looks a little like a plate to match two of my photos and the other paper I used as mats for the photos.

Archived