September 2012 Forum Game

April Showers

Here is week 4 day 3. Is this too packed with pictures?

I love all the pictures. It gives a nice overall impression rather than focusing on just a couple. I might try this on the next page I make!

- Terri

Thank you for the encouragement.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my Week 4 LO The Eyes Have It!

The instruction to uses brushes had me stumped at first - then I decided to replace the rather heavy "reveal" of the lower paper with the lighter, random feel of the scatter in Brandy Murry's Art Diary dynabrush.

As always, I really enjoyed this month's progressive challenges and am sad it's over. Thanks girls!

Finished Week 4! Here's the link to the LO: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/uploads/1348934862/med_gallery_22143_639_93133.jpg

I used Jan Ransley's kit, Parterre and Syndee Nuckle's brush #3 from her Artful2 set. Fonts were Lobster14 and Myriad Pro.

The photo in the upper right was treated to a cutout filter.

And, yes, the hippo in the bottom right photo is real.

I wouldn't say this challenge produced my own favorite layouts, but it did get me to looking through my Scrap Girls supplies and got me started on organizing them. I had no idea how many brushes I have! And I MUST get the kits and other supplies better organized so I can find what I want (and not purchase something I already have instead of something new).

Xana

Boy, I am so far behind for this week. Here is my in progress week 4. Took me forever to modify the photos & then to choose the papers & blend them. There are actually 3 papers here - the orange one, the white one & the grid. The big picture has a kind of photo filter on it & the one in the corner has several modifications - the background was blurred & then the edges were blended into the layout.

Well I got my final LO done... and still on time. The photo on the bottom I used a filter. The embellishments were repeated 3 times more - when I saw that I freaked - how can I repeat my EMBS 3 times... but it worked out. Here is Temecula, California

Oh, and the brushes were the dots in the top paper, and the swirls in the ribbons.

Archived