September 2012 Forum Game

April Showers

All caught up, I added 5 embellishments and the ribbon worked once I found what I was looking for. :)

Won't be able to get to the next two steps until Sunday night. DH and I are leaving in the morning to provide music for the Methodist Women's Annual Retreat upstate and my Netbook can't handle PSE. I'll be checking in once we're in for the night, though.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it too late to jump on the bandwagon? I'd like to start if you'll have me...here's all the steps up through yesterday....

Hi Amy, it's not too late for you to get in. Glad you'll be able to play. :)

I am catching up honest :) Wed to fri was so busy just worked a 14hr day today :( will post when I figure out how to :)

Goodness Jane! You must be exhausted...

For posting here's what I do:

1. Save your layout as a jpg 4 x 4 inches, (288 x 288 pixels) at 72 dpi

2. Be sure you are in Full Editor (Fast Reply won't work) and click in the browse box under "attachments" at the bottom of the posting window.

3. Naviagate to your jpg image and upload it

4. Click "Attach This File"

5. Click on the "Add to Post" button on the right side of the light purple bar.

HTH :)

when i save my PSD as a JPEG at 4Inches x 4 inches its 732 pixels not 228 what am I doing wrong?

Hi Jane, I'm not sure what program you are using, but in PSE 9 you would go to Image>Resize>Image Size (Alt+Ctrl+I)

When the image size box pops up, be sure there are check marks next to the Scale Styles, Constrain Proportions and Resample Image boxes

In the document size section of the box, change the resolution to 72 pixels/inch

Change both the width and height to 4 inches

When you change the width and height to 4 inches, the pixels in the Pixel Dimensions section at the top of the box should automatically change to 288 for the width and the height. Then Save as a Jpg. HTH

when i save my PSD as a JPEG at 4Inches x 4 inches its 732 pixels not 228 what am I doing wrong?

Hi Jane, I'm not sure what program you are using, but in PSE 9 you would go to Image>Resize>Image Size (Alt+Ctrl+I)

When the image size box pops up, be sure there are check marks next to the Scale Styles, Constrain Proportions and Resample Image boxes

In the document size section of the box, change the resolution to 72 pixels/inch

Change both the width and height to 4 inches

When you change the width and height to 4 inches, the pixels in the Pixel Dimensions section at the top of the box should automatically change to 288 for the width and the height. Then Save as a Jpg. HTH

Also, I read that you need to change the resolution to 72 DPI first and THEN change the dimensions of the image. :)

Now that I have my embellishments added, I'd like to change one of the papers. Is it too late???

Hi Karen, once you've posted your required screen shot from step four, we prefer that you don't make major changes, but a subtle change would be okay. We want you to be happy with the finished page. HTH ;)

I think changing the background could be considered a major change! LOL! Not a problem. I will make it work. If I decide to print it out for myself or my daughter, I can always change it then, if I still want to. I may decide I like it as is when it's done!

Mmm.... I added my five embellishments but I think I've got myself cornered with the journalling; I've used Brandy's Zoomba Love Words Paper for my second paper. I guess that's why this is called a challenge! Coffee and thinking time!

I had a suspicion that we would need to add some journaling so I had made sure I had a spot for some and it is now added - three sentences.\

Now I am wondering what our final step will be.

WEEK ONE - STEP SEVEN

Create a title using a font and an alpha. Add finishing touches as desired.

REQUIREMENT: Post your layout in the Simplify September Gallery.

Reminder - there will be no game play tomorrow (Sunday) and a Welcoming Committee member will resume the game on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend! :daisy:

Archived