Styles And Actions

Geri

I am using PSE10 and for the past year I have been confused with Adobe period. Do you sell all items compatible with Elements 10? I don't see designation and that makes me back away from purchasing. Is CS5 compatible with Elements 10? If I download an item and find it is not compatible is there recompense. It looks like by not designating which element the product works with there could be a lot of sales that are bad because it was purchased thinking it would work with your program when in fact it doesn't. OK, even to me I sound like I am going in circles it is 4:20am and I've been up 24 hours. I just had to check this out as I've been poking my nose here and there with Scrapgirls for a year now and I would love to be able to purchase with confidence. Please tell me it all works with PSE10 and mean it! :)

Hi Geri. I'm pretty sure all styles and actions that state they are compatible with earlier versions of PSE are compatible with 10. It's just a matter of the designers not having time to go back into the Boutique descriptions and add that. There are actions that are only available for Photoshop CS but those are clearly designated. There are some things that CS can do that PSE can't, so that's why some actions aren't made for PSE.

You ask if CS5 is compatible with PSE. They are separate software programs. They both work with .psd, .png, and .jpg files. PSE is based on CS but CS is a much more indepth program. As I mentioned above, there are a some things that you can do in CS that you can't do in PSE but file created in either program can be opened in the other.

I hope this has answered your questions.

ADD TO CART

ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Color Swatch 6301

$3.99

The above statements are of concern to me as there are no designations. Am I to assume it works with everything including PSE10?

Is PS the Corel program?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Geri and welcome to Scrap Girls!!!

You will be able to use ALL of the kits and brushes here in PSE10. If you decide to buy actions or styles, you will want to make sure that you are buying the versions that are compatible with PSE. As far as I know, that information is on the product preview. If you are ever unsure, you can always contact the designer before purchasing, or you could ask a question in the "Do we have it in the Scrap Girls boutique?" thread -- like, "Are there metal styles that will work for me in PSE10?" -- and someone will find it for you!

ADD TO CART

ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Color Swatch 6301

$3.99

The above statements are of concern to me as there are no designations. Am I to assume it works with everything including PSE10?

Is PS the Corel program?

Thanks for the help.

If you look closely at the bottom of this product's preview image it says: "Tools - Actions: Color Swatch 6301 for PS and PSE" and then if you scroll down a bit under product description it says: Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements 6-10. SO, long story short -- this will work for you in PSE10. :)

PS is not the Corel program, PS is short for Photoshop, as PSE is short for Photoshop Elements.

Everyone here is happy to help, so you are doing the right thing by asking questions!!!! I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery.

Hi Geri,

Welcome to Scrap Girls! Pat and Jennifer have given you some great advice. If you need more clarification or help, please don't hesitate to post your questions. We have a very friendly group of people here who love to help others. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums! :)

In my browsing/dreaming I ran into this (by the way I will go back and check on those details on the color swatch one):

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Everyday Glitters Hers 6401 Biggie

Now there are are 3 diff color sets for this and they are sold individually or bundled. I could not find anything on them as to what they worked with or didn't BUT looking at the bundle the pkg clearly states they are made only for photoshop in green letters. Moving on I find myself in the order section (I think) and in big red letters it indicates they can be used for both programs. Do you see my confusion?

Going up to look at the colorswatch one more closely. Will be back.

In my browsing/dreaming I ran into this (by the way I will go back and check on those details on the color swatch one):

Now there are are 3 diff color sets for this and they are sold individually or bundled. I could not find anything on them as to what they worked with or didn't BUT looking at the bundle the pkg clearly states they are made only for photoshop in green letters. Moving on I find myself in the order section (I think) and in big red letters it indicates they can be used for both programs. Do you see my confusion?

Going up to look at the colorswatch one more closely. Will be back.

Hi Geri, if you look closely at the bundled marketing image, (enlarging the image will help) you will see that right next to the PHOTOSHOP ONLY it says Photoshop Elements and Photoshop CS Versions. If you look at the descriptions on the individual packs, you will see they all say Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements in the product descriptions. So, whether purchased individually or bundled, they will all work in either PS or PSE.

AFT_ValuePack_EverdayGlitters_MKTG_150.jpgValue Pack: Everyday Glitters

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Everyday Glitters His 6401 Biggie

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Everyday Glitters Neutrals 6401 Biggie

Does this help?

I see what you mean, Geri -- it can be confusing!!! The glitter styles that you have been looking at though, will work in PSE. The green lettering DOES say "Photoshop Only," but under that and in the description it clarifies that that applies to PS AND PSE.

Again -- keep asking questions. It will get less confusing, I promise!!! :)

Oh goodie! I did see most of what your telling me so will accept the rest as gospel (the individual pkgs being so marked - I didn't see it but didn't go into the order page either). Thank you all so very much. Now I can order with more confidence and I can learn new things with the styles and actions. Guess I best buy a stronger pair of glasses to? :) Good night and thanks much.

Oh goodie! I did see most of what your telling me so will accept the rest as gospel (the individual pkgs being so marked - I didn't see it but didn't go into the order page either). Thank you all so very much. Now I can order with more confidence and I can learn new things with the styles and actions. Guess I best buy a stronger pair of glasses to? :) Good night and thanks much.

So glad we could be of assistance Geri. Again, please don't ever hesitate to post your questions. There may be others who are wondering the same things and the answers will be helpful to them too. ;)

If you ever accidentally buy something that only works in PS (not PSE), just email Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com. She will get you a gift certificate credit to buy the proper version/something else of equal value. :) Customer service here is excellent!

Welcome to SG and don't hesitate to ask questions. We've all been there (newbies, lol) and have all asked tons of questions.

I have both of those items you mentioned, the Color Swatch Action and the bundle of glitter styles and love them both! And like Cheri said, if you buy something that isn't compatible, or you just can't get it to work, contact hello@ scrapgirls.com and they will get you fixed up!

Archived