Help Needed To Quickly Resize 12 X 12 Pages To 10 X 10

bjc

i have finally finished my dd wedding album...i made mostly double pages, very graphic, no scrapbook supplies.. i need to change the page sizes...i worked it all in 12 x 12 or 12 x 24 and now i need 10 x 10 or 10 x 20...i figured i could do an action or script or something to make it go quickly...but i tried and guess i have forgotten how to do this... hoping some one can help me...

dont want to spend all day resizing these pages if i can do quickly and use the rest of the day for fun scrapping

i have cs6

thanks all you techies out there that can give me the steps i need

I'd just record a quick action in PhotoShop and run that on each page. I'm not sure what software you're using, but this is how I'd do it in PhotoShop CS6.

Before anything else, I'd open one of the 12x12 layouts to be resize. Just leave it open for now.

Then make sure your actions pallet is visible.

You have to put your Action into a Set, so you will need to either select a Set or Create a new one. To create a new set, click on the pulldown menu in the upper-right hand corner of your Actions pallet and select "New Set".

Give it name - Something like "Wedding Album Resize" or whatever you like.

Click on the pulldown menu in upper-right hand corner of the Actions pallet and this time select "New Action".

Give it a name in the first line of the pop-up box. I'd probably just name it "10x10 Resize".

Below the name field you will see a field that says "Set". Make sure the "Wedding Album Resize" set is selected.

You can assign a short cut key or a color to it, but neither one is necessary.

When you are done, click Record. You will see a red circle now shows on the bottom of your Actions pallet.

You will now be recording your new action. So come to back to your layout waiting to be resized.

Click on Image, then Image Size.

When the window opens, change your document size from 12x12 to 10x10.

If that is all the steps you want, click the pulldown menu and select "Stop Recording"

Its up to you if you want add in the commands to Save and Close the file. Just do that before you hit "Stop Recording". In cases like this, I prefer to save and close the files myself just so I can make sure I don't accidentally overwrite the original 12x12 layouts. You could also run a batch process that would open and resize each file which would make the project go very quickly, but I'm not sure how comfortable you are with that.

Hope this helps get you started, but if you have any questions, let me know and I'll do what I can to help you out!

I'd just record a quick action in PhotoShop and run that on each page. I'm not sure what software you're using, but this is how I'd do it in PhotoShop CS6.

Before anything else, I'd open one of the 12x12 layouts to be resize. Just leave it open for now.

You have to put your Action into a Set, so you will need to either select a Set or Create a new one. To create a new set, click on the pulldown menu in the upper-right hand corner of your Actions pallet and select "New Set".

Click on the pulldown menu in upper-right hand corner of the Actions pallet and this time select "New Action".

Give it a name in the first line of the pop-up box. I'd probably just name it "10x10 Resize".

Below the name field you will see a field that says "Set". Make sure the "Wedding Album Resize" set is selected.

When you are done, click Record. You will see a red circle now shows on the bottom of your Actions pallet.

You will now be recording your new action. So come to back to your layout waiting to be resized.

If that is all the steps you want, click the pulldown menu and select "Stop Recording"

Its up to you if you want add in the commands to Save and Close the file. Just do that before you hit "Stop Recording". In cases like this, I prefer to save and close the files myself just so I can make sure I don't accidentally overwrite the original 12x12 layouts. You could also run a batch process that would open and resize each file which would make the project go very quickly, but I'm not sure how comfortable you are with that.

Hope this helps get you started, but if you have any questions, let me know and I'll do what I can to help you out!

thanks so much laura.... this is what i did but it didnt seem to work..so maybe i missed a step or something..your posting is encouraging me to try it again..thanks for the step by step

I followed your steps to make an action to convert my 12 x 12 layouts to the size used in the gallery and then save it as a jpeg. Thanks so much for the info, it worked perfectly for me and this is going to be a great timesaver.

Archived