Organizer Question

ScrapGram

Can someone tell me how to determine how much data I have in my Elements Organizer? I have close to 30,000 images in it, but I am looking for the amount of GBs I have. Thanks. (I have looked for the Organizer file on my hard drive, but can't find it and don't really know where to look.)

Can someone tell me how to determine how much data I have in my Elements Organizer? I have close to 30,000 images in it, but I am looking for the amount of GBs I have. Thanks. (I have looked for the Organizer file on my hard drive, but can't find it and don't really know where to look.)

Hi Karen, I'm not sure if this will be any help for what you are looking for, but in PSE 9 on Windows 7 you can go to C:>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Elements 9 Organizer. Scroll down to Photoshop Elements Organizer and if you have your Windows view set to details the size will be listed out to the right and also at the bottom of the window. If this isn't exactly what you need, I'm hoping someone else will come along with more info for you. HTH

Hi Karen, I'm not sure if this will be any help for what you are looking for, but in PSE 9 on Windows 7 you can go to C:>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Elements 9 Organizer. Scroll down to Photoshop Elements Organizer and if you have your Windows view set to details the size will be listed out to the right and also at the bottom of the window. If this isn't exactly what you need, I'm hoping someone else will come along with more info for you. HTH

thanks Teresa. I have PSE 10 on Windows 7. I followed your string, and got to Elements 10 Organizer, but when I changed the Windows view to details, it didn't give me the info. However, when I right clicked on it and clicked on properties, I think I found what I am looking for. Thanks again!

thanks Teresa. I have PSE 10 on Windows 7. I followed your string, and got to Elements 10 Organizer, but when I changed the Windows view to details, it didn't give me the info. However, when I right clicked on it and clicked on properties, I think I found what I am looking for. Thanks again!

Glad you found it! :)

• 1 month later...

Remember...Organizer holds the LINKS to your photos not the photos themselves. Your photos are not in Organizer itself but on your hard drive where you downloaded them. When I was running PSE on Windows about 3 years ago, I had 55,000 items sorted and organized in my Organizer. I never had any problems and even though it was a lot of files, it never ran slow. I've tried different methods of sorting my digital files and photos and like Organizer the best!

Remember...Organizer holds the LINKS to your photos not the photos themselves. Your photos are not in Organizer itself but on your hard drive where you downloaded them. When I was running PSE on Windows about 3 years ago, I had 55,000 items sorted and organized in my Organizer. I never had any problems and even though it was a lot of files, it never ran slow. I've tried different methods of sorting my digital files and photos and like Organizer the best!

Thanks for your help. Looks like I have a ways to go to catch up with you!! LOL! I have never tried any other organizing method, but I love Organizer and how easy it is to find things, so not planning to switch anytime soon!

Archived