Bamboo Fun Pen And Touch Tablet

Eden

Hey there, Can anyone suggest how to get my Bamboo tablet working again?

I've been using it without any trouble for some months now but this morning Windows 7 crashed. I got Windows going again and all my other program don't seem to be effected. I've uninstalled it, I've removed the driver and got the same one off Wacom's site and then reinstalled the Bamboo but nothing seems to work.

The tablet lights up when turned on and the lights recognise the pen when it's within range but that's it. If I try to go into the settings, I get a message saying "A supported tablet was not found on the system". Any suggestion short of throwing it out the window in frustation, would be great!

As I started reading your question I thought - uninstall it all but looks like you have tried that.

Do you plug it in and let the computer find it first?

Here is the forum at Wacom, in case you have not already looked there:

http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?t=6814

my tablet (Bamboo) was also causing me issues - actually Photoshop wouldn't load. i uninstalled and deleted the driver and have yet to reinstall it. not sure if I want to yet! bummer, huh?

Thanks everyone. I'm still working on it. Anne-Marie the forum was helpful - it at least gave me something to do that was different to all the other things I've tried. Although all deleting from the hard drive really makes me nervous. I haven't been game to try to re-install yet, I'm not sure if I'm ready to be disappointed if it hasn't worked. I know how you feel Dianne!

• 2 weeks later...

i read something about the Wacom driver conflicting with Microsoft's Tablet driver. Apparently if you plug in the tablet before you install the Wacom driver, Microsoft's tablet driver takes over. I uninstalled the Wacom driver. Last night I reinstalled that (new download, although the version date was not any newer). Then I plugged in the tablet. So far, so good. But then it worked last time for a while.

Archived